ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Simple Question: How to Copy a Repeating Pose and Dynamically Locking 2 Objects Together on Timeline

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
suzzie anson
Simple Question: How to Copy a Repeating Pose and Dynamically Locking 2 Objects Together on Timeline
on Jan 12, 2012 at 8:55:08 pm

Pro Animator 5.09 on XP

Simple question hopefully. I have two words flying in separately from different directions on different tracks...they meet up and hold in the center...and then I want to spin them around on their Y axis...and then zoom them straight off right at you as a single entity visually.

So, for the spin as an example. I create a Y axis spin...type in 360 degrees and check the common center...NOW...I have to create the same thing all over again on the second word track manually. For the life of me I cant figure how to copy and paste an exact pose to another track.

Ive tried the obvious copy and paste...nothing happens. In the track commands area I was hoping to see a "copy pose" command. I just want all my moves and timing to be exactly the same from track to track so everything follows each other perfectly. I dont want to have to manually re-create precise complicated poses every time I need them.

OK, so hit me up with the simple obvious solution!

OR Also...Is there a way to take the two separate words zooming in on different tracks...pause them in the center...and then "group or lock them together now" so they now act as a singe entity from that point on?

Thanks

Suzzie

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Simple Question: How to Copy a Repeating Pose and Dynamically Locking 2 Objects Together on Timeline
on Jan 18, 2012 at 1:41:42 am

Hi Suzzie,

The easiest way to copy one pose to another Object Track is to save the Object Track or the selected segment as a preset, and then add or append the preset to the new Object Track. This will duplicate all the settings from the Pose.

Or, you can use parenting to have objects be moving together. To parent, go into the Animation Controls panel, and select a parent in the Parenting drop down menu. You can select which Poses you would like to parent to another object.

Hope this helps. If you're still having trouble, let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]