ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator Crashes on Open from AE...

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris LonesProAnimator Crashes on Open from AE...
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 7:04:34 pm

Hi All,

I've been working on a project in Proanimator 5.0.8 where I've built a model of the front entrance of our Stadium. I'm at the point now where the model has become fairly complex, so to avoid losing anything, I'm backing out of ProAnimator to save the project fairly often. Today, after saving, when I clicked to go back into ProAnimator, I got the "After Effects Error: crash occurred while invoking the effect plug-in 'ProAnimator'" warning and AE crashed. After closing and restarting both the project and the computer multiple times, I still can't get my ProAnimator window to open without crashing After Effects. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how I can get back in to my project? Or at least save what I've completed so far? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Lones
Assistant GM - Production & Entertainment
Great Lakes Loons

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: ProAnimator Crashes on Open from AE...
by on Dec 5, 2011 at 11:32:00 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear about the issue you ran into and for the slow response. Our city has been hit badly by strong winds, and many electric poles and trees collapsed as a result. We were without electricity since last Thursday.

It seems like you may be running into an issue where the preference file has gotten corrupted. Try going into the "User > Library > Preferences" folder on the Mac, and delete the ProAnimator AE 5 Prefs file. On Windows, go to the C:UsersuserNameAppDataRoamingZaxwerks folder to delete the Preference file.

After deleting the Preference file, try going into the ProAnimator interface again and see if you're still running into the same issues.

If you're still having problems opening your project file, try sending the project file to me at ed@zaxwerks.com

I'll take a look. Sometimes, I'll be able to open up the project file and re-save it for you.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Chris LonesRe: ProAnimator Crashes on Open from AE...
by on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:08:12 pm

Ed,

It worked! Thank you so much for your post.

Much Appreciated!

Chris Lones
Assistant GM - Production & Entertainment
Great Lakes Loons

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: ProAnimator Crashes on Open from AE...
by on Dec 6, 2011 at 6:15:28 pm

No problem. Glad to hear you're up and running.

Thanks for the update.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]