ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

CHANGING TEXT CHANGES ANIMATION What gives?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff fish
CHANGING TEXT CHANGES ANIMATION What gives?
on Nov 15, 2011 at 8:59:37 pm

everytime i edit the text in my animation it presents me with an alert:

whether i select preserve or reset it still screws it up. what's the solution? i thought text could be changed more easily...

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: CHANGING TEXT CHANGES ANIMATION What gives?
on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:31:06 pm

Hi Jeff,

You're seeing this error message because you tweaked your text. This means you used the Object Mode, and move the text around using the Object Move tools. Because of this, if you try editing the text, this causes the text to shift in position. To move the text, it's best to use the Move tools in the Animation Controls window. When using the Move tools in the Animation Controls window, you can move your text and still be able to edit your text. Only use tweaks when you are sure you will no longer be editing your text.

To fix this, you can try Resetting the Tweaks, then move the text back to the Tweak positions. If you are unsure what position your text was at, select the Text Block, and go to the Object Controls panel. Go into the Info section and jot down the position of your text. Then, go to the Animation Controls panel, and enter the positions into the X/Y/Z fields.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

jeff fish
on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:39:14 pm

thanks ed. i am changing my workflow so that i don't bother with the object tweaks on text. kind of a hold over from my invigorator days... maybe this can be addressed in one of the tuts for proanimator, as it is crucial to know when animating text.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Nov 18, 2011 at 11:06:10 pm

Hi Jeff,

No problem. I understand that it takes a little bit of transition time to go to ProAnimator. I think one of the earlier tutorials does mention this, and a dialogue box pops up when you are about to Tweak objects. If you're unsure if you tweaked your objects, you can always use the "Reset Tweaks" command to get the Objects back to the default position.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]