ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

No colors in Pro Animator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kannan Raghavan
No colors in Pro Animator
on Oct 16, 2011 at 1:56:42 am

Hello everyone. I'm pretty new to both ProAnimator and Illustrator. I've done 3 to 4 logo animations in the past month with no problems. I'm working on another logo now, from a .svg file. When I open it in Illustrator, I can see all the colors and layers. I save it with no compression and the PDF compatible file option turned off.When I open it in ProAnimator, all the objects are grey, no color at all. I've tried going through the tutorials, but of no use. I'm sure it is a simple thing right in front of my eyes, but I'm missing it. Please help!

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: No colors in Pro Animator
on Oct 17, 2011 at 7:14:59 pm

Hi Kannan,

When opening the Illustrator file, be sure the "Use Illustrator Colors" setting is checked. When this setting is enabled, it takes the colors applied in Illustrator, and applies them onto your objects in ProAnimator. Keep in mind this only works for Solid RGB colors. If you are using gradient colors, the gradient colors do not get applied onto the ProAnimator objects. You will need to set up the gradients in ProAnimator.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Oct 17, 2011 at 11:54:24 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply Edward.
Yes, these are gradient colors. So, do I have to manually apply the gradient in ProAnimator? Unfortunately I don't have the color values for this logo:-(

Kannan Raghavan

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Oct 18, 2011 at 12:04:53 am

Hi Kannan,

The easiest way is to go into Illustrator, and save the Gradient into the swatch bin. Then create a new project in Illustrator, and set the dimension of the project to be the size of the object you're working with. Create a rectangle that fills the entire space, and apply the gradient color onto the rectangle.

Save the image as a JPEG. Then, go into ProAnimator and load the JPEG file into the Material Editor. Then, drag and drop the material onto the object, and you should have the same gradient colors!

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:18:30 am

Thanks again Edward. Will try it out ASAP.

Kannan Raghavan

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Nov 3, 2011 at 8:11:25 am

Worked for most part. As the logo had compound gradients, clients sent me another version of the logo (strange, I know) without the gradients.

Kannan Raghavan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]