ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D Flag question

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Schmidt3D Flag question
by on Oct 9, 2011 at 12:32:12 am

Hey all,

Not sure how this works. I created an animation...I morph into a flag. I would like to add 3D flag to this and ease into the waving. Problem is, you can't seem to be able to ease into it. Once applied, it starts and the flag jumps back as if the camera position changes. I've tried a lot of different things, gravity, flag pole position. How do I get this to be a smotth transition into the flag waving?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: 3D Flag question
by on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:15:58 pm

Hi Todd,

The key to getting a Flag to go from a still image to a waving Flag is the "Pre-Roll" controls. By setting the Pre-Roll to 0, it will make the Flag start out as a flat image. Then, keyframe the Pre-Roll control and increase the value of the Pre-Roll along the timeline, and the Flag start waving.

For more information on this, please visit the page listed below:

http://zaxwerks.com/online_docs/3D_Flag_AE/2.0/flatCard.html

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: 3D Flag question
by on Oct 11, 2011 at 5:17:41 pm

Hi Todd,

Sorry for the confusion on keyframing the Pre-roll. I was thinking about 2 different ideas and ended up combining them.

There are two ways to get the Flag to go from a still image to a waving flag. The first way is to change the Pre-roll value to 0. This will keep the Flag as a still image, then start waving as soon as it hits time 0.

The second approach is to keyframe the Wind Speed and Gravity. For example, if you want the Flag to start as a still image and start waving at 3 seconds, then change the Wind Speed and Gravity to 0 and set a keyframe at 3 seconds. This will keep the Flag as a still image from 0 - 3 seconds. Then, you can set another keyframe at 4 seconds, and change the Wind Speed back to 11, and the Gravity back to 9.8. You can adjust the keyframe from 4 seconds to customize how fast the Flag changes from a still image to a waving Flag.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]