ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Why should I upgrade from ProAnimator 4 to 5?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Carey
Why should I upgrade from ProAnimator 4 to 5?
on Aug 28, 2011 at 5:10:10 pm

I've been using ProAnimator for a number of years and I do find it very useful for down and dirty logo animations, but can someone explain what makes version 5 so much better?

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Why should I upgrade from ProAnimator 4 to 5?
on Aug 30, 2011 at 7:03:32 pm

Hi Wayne,

ProAnimator 5 is drastically different than version 4, and I mean that in a good way!

When you open up the interface, you'll notice that it immediately looks different than version 4. ProAnimator 5 now allows you customize your interface so that you can have a much faster workflow. If you are working with materials, switch to a Materials workspace. If you're working with Lights, we got a workspace set up for that too.

The best thing about version 5 is the drawing window. This new feature is a huge time saver. You can start drawing shapes right within the program. This means, you can use familiar tools such as Pen and Pencil tools, and start tracing images and building 3D objects instantly! Not only does it allow you to draw shapes, but you can also draw custom bevels as well. Also, when you import an Illustrator file into ProAnimator, you will be able to edit all the vector points as well. You no longer have to jump between Illustrator and ProAnimator.

In terms of working with materials, we've greatly expanded our capabilities there as well. You can still import images and videos just like you did in version 4. With version 5, you can now build custom gradients and noise shaders directly in the Material Editor. This lets you create realistic looking reflectivity maps such as clouds, and other interesting shapes quickly and easily.

Another big feature of version 5 is object deformation. You can now bend, fold, or twist your objects just like you're playing with a piece of paper. This lets you have all the capabilities of 3D Warps directly in the program. There are many other feature changes in version 5, and I highly recommend you to try the demo just to check out all of the new features.

http://zaxwerks.com/download

To try the demo, click the "Demo" button when the authorization dialogue box pops up.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]