ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Insanely long render times

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melanie GouxInsanely long render times
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 1:40:11 am

We recently upgraded to AE CS5.5 and with it upgraded to Invigorator Pro. Now files that used to take less than 30 minutes to render are now taking upwards of 30 hours. When the Invigorator layer is turned off, the comp renders normally. There's no motion blur, drop shadows, composition lights or any other effects that I'm aware of that would cause this problem. Please advise. This is crazy.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Insanely long render times
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 6:11:40 pm

Hi Melanie,

What version of 3D Invigorator PRO are you using? If you are not using version 5.0.7, be sure to go to our download page and download the latest version:

http://zaxwerks.com/download/

Also, are you working on a Mac or Windows? What is your system specs? Please let me know your operating system, memory, and video card. In addition, are you using the OpenGL renderer or the Invigorator renderer? If you are using the OpenGL renderer, be sure to switch to the Invigorator renderer for the final render.

If possible, please send the project file to ed@zaxwerks.com

I'll take a look at your project settings and see your project setup.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Melanie GouxRe: Insanely long render times
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 6:46:19 pm

Hi Edward,

Here are the specs: MacPro, 2x2.8 quad Xeons, 14GB of ram, running OS 10.5.8 and AfterEffects CS5.5 with 3D Invigorator PRO v5.0.6 when first encountered this issue, but since updated to v5.0.7 where similar render issues remain. I'll email you the AE project. Thanks for your help to resolve.

Return to posts index

Melanie GouxRe: Insanely long render times
by on Sep 12, 2011 at 11:17:33 pm

I just wanted to follow up that thanks to Edward's help, our problem was resolved and we are now experiencing normal render times. Edward had several suggestions for us, but I believe turning off both "Use Multi-Threaded Rendering" and "Multiprocessing" did the trick. Thanks to the Zaxwerks Team for following up to help resolve our issue!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]