on Aug 5, 2011 at 4:11:40 am

Will Reflector work on my pre-comps?

Thanks in advance! More power!

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Reflector doesn't seem to work on my pre-comps
on Aug 5, 2011 at 7:12:36 pm

Hi Jon,

The workflow for 3D Reflector is to apply the plug-in to a 3D Layer that you want to act as your reflective surface. So for example, if you want to set up a scene where you have a reflective floor surface, and a reflective back wall, you would create two 3D Solid Layers. One as the floor, and the other as a back wall. Then, apply 3D Reflector to both the floor and the back wall. After this, any 3D Layer you have in After Effects will interact with the floor and wall. If the 3D Layer is close to the floor or wall, the reflections of the 3D Layer will show up in either the floor or the wall!

So, if you're working with a Pre-comp, the concept will be similar. If the Pre-comp is a 3D Layer, you can apply 3D Reflector to the Pre-comp, and other 3D Layers in After Effects will interact with the Pre-comp layer. The Pre-comp would then act as your reflective layer.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Jon Cabansal
on Aug 11, 2011 at 4:49:36 am

Thanks for the response, Edward!

Yeah I already did that. Pardon me if I haven't explained it thoroughly. I created a floor and applied 3D reflector to it. I also made my pre-comp layer 3D. Still, nothing has reflected.

Thanks again in advance!

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Aug 15, 2011 at 6:11:04 pm

Hi Jonathan,

If possible, please send me the After Effects project. I don't need the media files. I'll take a look at your setup and see if what you're running into.

Thanks.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]