ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Zaxwerks 5 Crashorama

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Olmsted
Zaxwerks 5 Crashorama
on Jul 13, 2011 at 10:01:58 pm

Hello all!

I'm a longtime Zaxwerks user/lover with an infuriating problem...

I'm running Invigorator Pro 5.0.5 in After Effects CS5 on an iMac 3.2Ghz i3 with 4Gb RAM running OSX 10.6.6.

Zax is crashing like it's going out of style. We just upgraded to Pro 5 and I've been diving into it for the last week or so. Creating text, importing objects, etc. I build a simple model (a weather doppler tower - I work in promotions at a news station) and export it as a 3ds so I can re-import it so I have multiples on a map. I built the model in Zax from an extruded Illustrator file I made.

Every time I start moving the model around or rotating/scaling it, Zax crashes. This is specifically when I'm using the XYZ controls, which I like because I can get precise with positioning.

I sent my model to a buddy who opened it in 3D Max and welded all the elements together - I was hoping lower polys would reduce the chance of crashing. The model is now a ball and a VERY low-poly one-piece tower/strut assembly. No joy.

This is getting frustrating. Open AE. Open Zax. Import model. Move model. Crash. LWO, OBJ, 3DS...

Help! This crash has occurred when performing the following actions... move object, rotate object, scale object, apply texture, choose color in material color picker.

Any help would be great... thank you.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Zaxwerks 5 Crashorama
on Jul 14, 2011 at 8:22:00 pm

Hi Kevin,

I just sent you the beta version of Invigorator PRO version 5.0.6. Please let me know if you are still running into the same issues.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
Re: Zaxwerks 5 Crashorama
on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:34:18 pm

Hey Kevin,

We discovered a problem with the Info Area where typing numbers was causing crashes under certain circumstances. This would affect Position Rotation, Scale or Pivot Point values. This is now fixed in 5.0.6. Sorry for the frustration. Zaxwerks has great customer support so don't hesitate to contact us if something crashes.

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]