ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D Serpentine: film reel issue

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon3D Serpentine: film reel issue
by on Jul 11, 2011 at 1:38:40 am

Hello. I just bought Serpentine 3D 2.0 and am quickly getting the hang of it.

BUT I am unable to properly map a filmstrip to the serpent. I have a spiral path, going upward, "unravelling". I want to map a film strip texture I have, which is something like 300x1000 pixels.
I understand that the orientation of the texture map (vertical/horizontal) is key here, so I have the map in a vertical fashion.
My issue is that I am unable to get the repetition of the texture right: The Y-repeat is OK, I make the filmstrip repeat along the serpent. But the X- repeat, which I would think needs to be 1x, doesn't seem to accomodate the whole width of the map: I get one side of the filmstrip (the sprockets of the right, say) plus some of the "cell'' (where the film actually is, but I can't seem to squeeze the other sprocket side onto the serpent: the map appears to be wider than the serpent. So I widden the 3D layer that serves as a reference for the serpent, from say 1x30 pixels to 1x50 pixels, but that just stretches the map accross a wider serpent, still cutting off part of the map. What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: 3D Serpentine: film reel issue
by on Jul 11, 2011 at 6:00:17 pm

Hi Alan,

You can try opening the Film Reel example project to see how the texture map is set up. You can find the project file in the "Path Examples" folder. The example project is called "reel_path.aep".

From your description, it sounds like the map you are using is too small. If you are using 1x30, then that one pixel is stretched quite a bit! You may want to consider using a map size of 300 x 500. Then you can just set the repeat once and it will fill up the entire film reel.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]