ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Poor Quality Importing into PP CS5

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Strickler
Poor Quality Importing into PP CS5
on Jul 8, 2011 at 12:21:55 am

Playback in the preview window is clean and crisp but it is 4:3. Playback from the timeline is 16:9 like it is supposed to be but very poor quality.

I have tried different settings in ProAnimator V4.5.1 including the following one.

Pixel Aspect: D1/DV NTSC widescreen 1.2
Resolution: NTSC DV widescreen 720x480

The screenshot shows the problem but I don't know what to do about it. As I said before, I have tried different settings but obviously not the right one.

Hmm, having trouble uploading the pic and its only a 212kb .jpg.

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
Re: Poor Quality Importing into PP CS5
on Jul 8, 2011 at 12:25:11 am

Ok, there it is. Why is my SOURCE being interpreted as a 4:3 clip? That's probably why there is distortion from the timeline but I dodn't know what setting is causing it.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jul 8, 2011 at 6:18:41 pm

Hi Ted,

For 16:9 Aspect Ratio, you can select "HDV/HDTV, 1280x720" from the Resolution Presets if you are working in ProAnimator as a standalone.

If you are working from After Effects, you can try choosing the HDV/HDTV/DVCPRO Presets, and they will all be 16:9 aspect ratio.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
on Jul 10, 2011 at 3:17:39 am

I am using ProAnimator as stand alone then importing into Premiere. I tried the HD setting you suggested and now something is causing Premiere to lock up and the screen goes black. Windows completely crashes and resets after a bit. Scarey! Anyway, in ProAnimator the render looks perfect and once again, in the preview window of Premiere it looks correct but when I place the clip (.mov) on the timeline it looks bad and then crashes the computer.

I have never had this happen before.
My video card is the GTX 580 and mercury playback is enabled if that has anything to do with it.

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
on Aug 13, 2011 at 11:28:46 pm

UPDATE:
Sorry about being so long but a large oak tree fell on our house and car during a storm and things have been quite hectic.

First off, the computer crashing had nothing to do with the problem posted. It turned out to be caused by an Adobe Flash update that was conflicting with the old flash. Sometimes updates can get you into trouble.

Now as for the poor quality. It turns out that it looks good on the TV. I went ahead and finished the DVD anyway and viewed it on the tv and it looks good. I have no idea why it looks good in the preview window but bad in the TL playback window but as long as it looks good as a finished product, I'm happy. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Aug 14, 2011 at 2:14:32 am

Ted, check to make sure that the TL playback window is set to full resolution. Right click on the screen and toward the bottom of the drop down menu you will see playback resolution and off to the right you can choose Full Resolution.

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram
Maxx Digita / Areca 8tb. raid

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
on Aug 15, 2011 at 2:21:28 pm

Hi Tom, yes it is set for full resolution. I am just baffled.
Thanks, Ted

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Aug 15, 2011 at 4:01:46 pm

Ted, sometimes if your raid array or computer isnt fast enough the software will downress the Record screen (right screen). What color render bars are present on the timeline. Does your animation EXACTLY match your sequence. As a test, drop your animation clip onto the "make Sequence" button at the bottom of the Projects Panel and see what happens.

Tom Daigon
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
on Aug 15, 2011 at 5:51:58 pm

I'm using a raid 0 so I don't see why it wouldn't be fast enough. But now here's the thing, I just installed the 5.5 upgrade for cs5 so I tried the suggestion of pulling down a new sequence to test that. Well, it turns out when I imported the proAnimator file into Premiere it already looks flawless in both the left and the right viewer. So I didn't actually get to test your suggestion.

Thanks for your help though.

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Aug 15, 2011 at 6:30:18 pm

Great! I know that 5.5 contained major improvements. Im glad things look good now.

Tom Daigon
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]