ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

crash when creating 3D text

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nan northcrash when creating 3D text
by on Jun 21, 2011 at 6:56:30 pm

Hi
I'm using the latest upgrade of Proanimator and an 8 core intel mac pro. I am crashing out of proanimator stand alone and proanimator as a plug in for AE when I try to create 3D text. I don't have the problem when I work with imported Illustrator files. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: crash when creating 3D text
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 6:14:20 pm

Hi Nan,

You may be running into an issue with a problematic font.

Try using the standalone version and run the following test.

Go to your "Users > Library > Fonts" folder, and move all the fonts to somewhere else temporarily. Then, try launching ProAnimator and see if you are still running into the same issues. If you're not having any issues in the 3D Text window, then move a portion of your fonts back into the Fonts folder and see if you can use the 3D Text window without any issues. If the 3D Text window is still working fine, then it means the fonts you moved into the fonts folder are working fine. You can try moving more fonts in and see if you're running into issues.

Using this method, you should be able to isolate the problematic font. If you find the font, please send it to us so we can try it out and see if we run into the same issues. My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

nan northRe: crash when creating 3D text
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 11:40:04 pm

I removed the offending fonts and all is well. Thanks Ed. NN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]