ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator 5 objects limit?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Stephens
ProAnimator 5 objects limit?
on Jun 16, 2011 at 5:35:26 pm

I have the following logo I've setup in Illustrator that I'm animating in AE5.5 using PA5.

I want to animate the outside text characters separately from the inner text and shapes. The issue I'm running into is that if I import the logo into PA5 and select "dismantle incoming groups," the number of objects are so great that AE and PA grind to a halt and I can't do much of anything.

If I leave the groups intact, which in the Illustrator file I have setup as the following layers: outside text, inner text, heart shape, then I can work without any problems, but as the outer text is a single group in PA I don't see a way to have each individual character animate separate from the other characters.

So I'm either looking for a solution to the issue with PA being unable to handle 100+ objects or a solution how to animate all the outer text characters separately.

The animation I'm trying to achieve is a simple move from behind the heart to a fly-in to their current position.

The computer I'm using is:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
AMD Phenom 9500 2.2Ghz quad-core
8G DDR2 800Mhz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 4G

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: ProAnimator 5 objects limit?
on Jun 16, 2011 at 7:59:34 pm

Hi Michael,

Here's what you can try doing.

Go back into Illustrator, and increase the size of your logo. Be sure all the letters are big so that all the vector points are coming into ProAnimator nice and clean. By having small text, the vector points may not be working as well.

You can keep the same groups you had in Illustrator. However, once you import the objects into ProAnimator, group the outer text together in one Object Track, and hide the layers in the Object List so you don't see so many layers at once. Then, be sure all the text in the Outer Text layer is selected, and go into the Object Controls panel, and lower the "Object Smoothness Preview" to 5. This will improve preview times while you are working in ProAnimator.

Also, you can try working in the standalone first. Then, after setting up your animation, apply ProAnimator to a Solid in After Effects, and load the project into After Effects.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]