ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator - front face bevel?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas DyeInvigorator - front face bevel?
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 8:35:53 pm

I just got Invigorator for AE CS5 (Mac). A little buggy, but fun so far. A quick question (I could easily have 20 quick questions...). How can I bevel the FRONT face of a model, so it bulges out a little?

Thanks in advance...

Doug Dye

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Invigorator - front face bevel?
by on Jun 14, 2011 at 5:32:16 pm

Hi Doug,

By increasing the Bevel Scale, or drawing a steeper bevel, it can make the front face of the model pop out more. If you're looking into making the front face round, then the only way to get that appearance is to make the front face extremely thin, and increase the size of the rounded bevel. By having a really narrow front face and a large rounded bevel, it will make your object look like it is rounded all the way through.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Douglas DyeRe: Invigorator - front face bevel?
by on Jun 16, 2011 at 1:39:43 am

Edward,

Thanks for the help! Here's a link to a thread that you posted in a couple of years ago:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/41/859719#859719

It's about doing something similar in ProAnimator. You include settings for "Edge Scale", which I can't find in Invigorator (is it called Bevel Scale now?).

I tried the settings you mentioned (obviously without the Edge Scale settings) with no success. If I could get this to work, but rounded instead of pointed, I could maybe put another sobject behind it to act as the sides...

Am I totally off base here? It's a bit disappointing that you can't round the front face of an object...

Thanks again,

Doug

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Invigorator - front face bevel?
by on Jun 16, 2011 at 7:49:30 pm

Hi Doug,

Right, your question is similar to the post you referred to. You have to make the front face of the object extremely thin. Then, you can apply a nice rounded bevel, and adjust the Bevel Scale. By also changing the Edge Offset, you'll be able to get a nice rounded shape.

In Version 5, there is another alternative.

If you need a rounded front face, you may want to just create a Lathe Object, and changing the Front/Top End Cap to "Domed" or "Rounded". Then, change the shape of the object in the Profile Editor panel (located in the Object Drawing panel).

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Douglas DyeRe: Invigorator - front face bevel?
by on Jun 16, 2011 at 8:08:45 pm

Edward,

The lathe idea sounds like a winner. I guess that's my next chapter in learning Invigorator...

Thanks for the excellent advice.

Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]