ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

environment

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philo Calhounenvironment
by on May 11, 2011 at 1:49:40 am

I have used Invigorator Classic and recently upgraded to Invigorator Pro. I'm patiently waiting for the MAC version, as I have AE CS5.5 for OSX. Meanwhile, I would like to replicate some of the video clips using Softimage (on Bootcamp). I have the punchyreflections targa file and know how to add an environment to a 3D object in Mental Ray. But I wanted to know what projection you recommend for the punchyreflections. It looks at first glance like either cylindrical or spherical. Is there scaling? I also understand that all the materials in Invigorator are assigned using UV mapping. Is that correct? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: environment
by on May 11, 2011 at 7:22:15 pm

Hi Philo,

You can actually apply different mapping techniques such as Cylindrical, Spherical, or different Planar techniques. By default, the mapping is set to UV, but you can change this by going into the Material Docks panel, and clicking the material applied. This will expand the controls in the Material Docks, and allow you to change the mapping technique.

As for creating different reflection maps, you can try using some of the new noise generators. They can allow you to create great reflectivity maps by just playing around with the settings.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]