ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

importing models into Invigorator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoffrey Johnston
importing models into Invigorator
on Feb 8, 2011 at 4:47:48 pm

First of all, you guys are great. I've been using the cow for years to get ideas and troubleshoot. Can't tell you how many times the forums and tutorials have bailed me out. Eternally thankful! Here's my issue.

I am having trouble mapping textures and rendering models using Invigorator V5.0. Been using the program for years, but this is my first step into using 3rd party models (maya, c4d, etc...). I downloaded a phone from Turbosquid that included textures, materials, and is UV mapped (I'm not sure what that means), but after creating and applying materials, it does not render.

If I back out of Inv to AE and then go back to Inv, the materials are still applied but they will not appear on the object unless I click on each layer and then the actual materials in the material dock. I am creating new Inv materials and adding the model material (i.e. keyboard, screen, logos) to the color shader. I've tried each shader, but none seem to do the job. Also, tried placing the model material in the comp to use it as a layer map, but this has not worked.

Another issue that I would like to inquire about is using video in a model's screen. Seems that all you would have to do is place a QT or AVI file in a comp layer and use as a layer map.

Thanks in advance,
Geoffrey Johnston

Win 7
Dell T3500
NVidia Quadro FX4800
AE CS5
Invigorator V5.0

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: importing models into Invigorator
on Feb 9, 2011 at 12:22:31 am

Hi Geoffrey,

Can you send me the model so I can try applying materials and see if I can replicate the issue? Please send the model to ed@zaxwerks.com

When applying a video to the model's screen, you are correct that you can import a video into After Effects and set the video as a Layer Map, then apply the Layer Map to the screen.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Geoffrey Johnston
on Feb 9, 2011 at 6:07:15 pm

Had to update Invigorator this morning. Looks like v5.0.3 did the trick.

Something that I did not bring up in my original post is that Invigorator is crashing AE alot. Just today it has crashed 5 times. There seems to be no pattern to it. Have you had any reports of problems?

Geoffrey Johnston
Creative Services
WAPT-TV

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Feb 15, 2011 at 8:42:02 pm

Hi Geoffrey,

Whenever there's an issue, please note when it crashes, and what was happening during the crash. This way we can track down the issue and resolve the problem for you. Can you provide some information as to where the crashes are occurring? For example, if you are working in the After Effects interface, or if you are in the ProAnimator interface, and if in the ProAnimator interface, what were you working on, or what controls were you using?

Any extra information would be helpful for us to reproduce the issues. Thanks.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]