ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

All my materials are gone?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Orban
All my materials are gone?
on Feb 1, 2011 at 7:35:04 pm

Working on Mac 10.6.6

Opened up ProAnimator 4.5.1 for Mac today and found nothing in "Object Styles" - all bins are gray, empty - nothing in "Materials" as well.

I had a copy of the main Proanimator folder on my server, so I renamed the old file folder in "Applications" (I had a problem with PA crashing when trying to save a file, so I didn't want to lose the PA main file). Downloaded the PA Folder to Applications and started up the app in the new folder. Same thing - no materials - so there must be some file somewhere ELSE on the computer telling the app where all the files are?

When I look at the file structure of the PA folder (both the old and new are identical), I see the "Material Swatches" folder populated. I would have thought the .idx files might have gotten corrupted, but I don't think so, otherwise installing the new folder would have fixed that.

Not sure what to do at this point?

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

John Orban
Re: All my materials are gone?
on Feb 1, 2011 at 7:45:18 pm

I've got a sinking feeling that PA4.5.1 is NOT compatible w/ 10.6.6???

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Feb 2, 2011 at 2:16:55 am

Hi John.

PA 4.5.1 should be compatible with 10.6.6.

We keep a non-factory-default version of the swatches in your ~/Documents/Zaxwerks folder.
We use these swatches when starting ProAnimator. If the folder is empty, we won't show any swatches.

I suggest you find the folder named "ProAnimator" inside of "~/Documents/Zaxwerks."
This is where we keep the swatches.

Rename the "ProAnimator" folder to "ProAnimator - backup" and then restart ProAnimator.

Since the "ProAnimator" folder is missing, we'll copy the factory default swatches into a new "ProAnimator" folder.
You should then see the default swatches.

Note: In ProAnimator v5 (coming soon), we have put in a Reset button that will make this process much easier.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

John Orban
on Feb 2, 2011 at 3:20:04 pm

You da BOMB, Matt!

Thanks, everything is hunky dunky now!!!

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]