ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Smooth out image

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Smooth out image
on Jan 28, 2011 at 5:38:51 pm

I purchased a 3D model of a car. It went into Zaxwerks Pro Animator GREAT. Everything is awesome. When I export it out of Motion set to Export Rendering = Software I get a hood that looks not smooth. Any way to smooth it out?

I exported all three render setting with no luck, set to best as well and makes no difference.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Smooth out image
on Jan 28, 2011 at 9:15:31 pm

One other thing. When I first bring it into Zaxwerks it looks great. If I save the project and re-open it then I get the non-smooth surface.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Feb 4, 2011 at 7:02:42 pm

Hi Stephen,

Try going into the "Object" tab and going into the Info section, and change the "Hard Shading Angle" to "40". If that value does not work well for you, you can try changing it to different values and seeing if it works better for you.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 4, 2011 at 8:08:13 pm

Object tab? I'm not sure I understand. The Object button only has options to import illustrator elements, create text, etc, etc. Not sure if I'm looking in the right place.

If I create the element and never close it out and re-open it...it maintains its smooth surface. It only goes crappy once I save, close out Motion and then re-open it. So I've written down all of the nurmeric values for the animation so I can always create it from scratch every time the client makes a change. Ouch.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Feb 4, 2011 at 8:19:48 pm

Hi Stephen,

I am referring to the "Objects" panel, where you can adjust the Depth, SpikeBuster, etc. Expand the controls for "Info", and change the Hard Shading Angle.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 4, 2011 at 8:57:08 pm

I tried it twice and it keeps crashing Motion. I'll try again next week after the computer can sit unplugged for the weekend. The spot is due in an hour and the solution I wrote about in my last post has been getting me by.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]