ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

.ai logo is grey on import

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
latisha Willis
.ai logo is grey on import
on Jan 20, 2011 at 5:15:33 pm

I'm sure this is a fairly simple fix that I'm missing so I apologize for my ignorance. I am attempting to open a .ai logo in ProAnimator 4.5.1. When I open the logo there are only two layers that are separated and the logo is grey. When I select 'use illustrator colors' the logo goes from grey to black. I'm not sure how many layers are in the original project but there are many details in the design missing. I've asked the designer to send me a version with the compression turned off but I don't think that is the problem because the document opened. Please help.

Latisha

Return to posts index

latisha Willis
Re: .ai logo is grey on import
on Jan 21, 2011 at 10:26:25 pm

Just wondering why I haven't gotten any responses on this question?

Latisha

Return to posts index

latisha Willis
on Jan 21, 2011 at 11:29:15 pm

Ok, so I had the designer send me another logo with the compression turned off but now I don't see anything. ProAnimator does open.

Latisha

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Jan 21, 2011 at 11:40:47 pm

Hi Latisha,

Please send me the logo at (serge at sergehamad dot com)I will check on it and get back to you.

Salut.
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

latisha Willis
on Jan 22, 2011 at 1:36:05 am

Absolutely! Thank you

Latisha

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on Jan 27, 2011 at 8:02:53 pm

Hi Latisha,
Sorry for the delay. It sounds like you have your objects grouped together. If you group them in Illustrator, they will come into ProAnimator as one big mass of geometry. Have your designer ungroup the artwork until each piece can be selected by itself with the Black Arrow tool. It might help you to watch the movie on our website called Prepping Illustrator Files For 3D. This is movie #35 on our Video Tutorials page.

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on Jan 27, 2011 at 8:03:04 pm

Hi Latisha,
Sorry for the delay. It sounds like you have your objects grouped together. If you group them in Illustrator, they will come into ProAnimator as one big mass of geometry. Have your designer ungroup the artwork until each piece can be selected by itself with the Black Arrow tool. It might help you to watch the movie on our website called Prepping Illustrator Files For 3D. This is movie #35 on our Video Tutorials page.

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Jan 27, 2011 at 10:42:09 pm

Hi Zax,

My bad, I took care of Latisha offline. Her logo was grouped as you say but she also had gradients, images, no outlined text...

All the best ;-)
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]