ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

pivot points - control and problems InvigPro 5

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Hooeypivot points - control and problems InvigPro 5
by on Dec 8, 2010 at 8:37:12 pm

when moving around set pivot points they dissapear from Invigorator's 3D preview in various random locations/zoom levels. As well there is currently no documentation I can find in the online docs regarding pivot points, their use, workflow ect....I presume it is similar to InvigPro 4.5, it seems to be, but documentation for the new release seems far from complete.

Finally I was REALLY hoping that working with pivot points would be revised in the latest version...a specific tool to grab and move them within Invigorator's windows is what is truely needed!

Thanks,
James Hooey
http://www.soundprostudios.com

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: pivot points - control and problems InvigPro 5
by on Dec 10, 2010 at 12:38:58 am

Hi James,

To adjust the Pivot Points for the Set, go into the Effect Controls Panel, and under "Sets > Set 1" you will see a "Set 1 Pivot" section where you can adjust the Pivot Points for X, Y, and Z. You can set keyframes and animate the Pivot Points if you like.

If you need a pivot point where you can drag around, you can create a Null Object, and place your objects into the Null Object Layer. This will parent all the objects to the Null Objects, and you can drag the null object around as an easy way to set the Pivot Point.

As far as the documentation goes, we are working to add more content to the Documentation. We will be adding more content and videos as time progresses.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

James HooeyRe: pivot points - control and problems InvigPro 5
by on Dec 10, 2010 at 8:36:43 pm

Thanks for the reply Edward,

As a user of Invigortor 4.5 I'm familiar with how it was to work with pivot points, thanks for the reminder though.

What I was suggesting though is that there are some glitches with 5.0 that the red pivot point dissapears at certain zoom levels and views making it hard to place.

And it was my hope that the pivot point system would get a revision with the new release giving us a pivot point control tool (not dialog boxes - or a null controller).

It's a nice update...love the bezier drawing window and nicer layout, feels more functional....just finding some glitches and things I would have loved to see revamped a bit more.

All the best,
James Hooey

If I'm not learning something....I'm bored.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 10, 2010 at 9:07:05 pm

Hi James,

We are releasing 3D Invigorator version 5.0.1 shortly. This version will contain many fixes and may resolve the display issue that you are currently experiencing. Let us know if you are still having the same issues once version 5.0.1 is available.

We'll continuously upgrade the software so that we can provide the best user experience possible.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

by on Dec 22, 2010 at 1:57:22 am

Ed,

Pivot points still are flaky in the new 5.0.1 update....depending on zoom level and camera viewing position the set pivot points will randomly dissapear and re-appear....again makes setting these points very problematic.

I am having a second issue as well where I am not seeing any objects in Invigorators scene preview box...which makes it impossible to set up the camera unless I stictly use the AE camera and composition window, or jump inside of Invig and set up the camera there and then apply Invigs camera settings with the little camera button in the plugin window.

Lots of teething issues.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 22, 2010 at 2:32:18 am

More problems too!!! I have also found out that currently I cannot get AE draft mode to work on the Invigorator layer...when I turn on draft quality the 3D objects dissapear entirely!

Return to posts index

by on Dec 22, 2010 at 5:46:19 pm

Hi James,

I am not seeing the issues here on our systems. From your descriptions, it sounds like you may be running into an issue where your graphic card is not using the latest driver. One other user was running into an issue where the preview window is black and cannot see anything. The problem was resolved once the graphic card driver was updated to the latest version. So, try updating your graphic card and see if this works out better for you.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]