ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

I have an illustrator object with 2 colors on 2 layers, yet it comes in as one color in Invirgorator Pro

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonah WalkerI have an illustrator object with 2 colors on 2 layers, yet it comes in as one color in Invirgorator Pro
by on Dec 3, 2010 at 1:05:35 am

I have a company logo I am trying to animated in After Effects CS4 with Invigorator Pro 4.5.1. It is an object with 2 layers, each color on one layer. I saved it as an Illustrator 10 document, and open in After Effects, and it shows up as one object, and I can't select any parts to change color. I also can't select anything when I try to open the illustrator file, all the selection possibilities (like Use Illustrator colors) are greyed out. I really want to use the Illustrator Colors. The document is RGB and has solid colors with no stroke. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.5 on my Mac.

What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Jonah WalkerRe: I have an illustrator object with 2 colors on 2 layers, yet it comes in as one color in Invirgorator Pro
by on Dec 3, 2010 at 1:17:19 am

I am looking at the preparing Illustrator Files Tutorial, but it is not helping me. I already have an object with it's 2 colors on different layers, but when I try and import the Illustrator file, I am not allowed to select any of the options. What is going on?

- Jonah Lee Walker

Video Editor, After Effects Artist
http://www.whaleofatale.net

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: I have an illustrator object with 2 colors on 2 layers, yet it comes in as one color in Invirgorator Pro
by on Dec 3, 2010 at 9:57:01 pm

Hi Jonah,

When loading the Illustrator file, try checking the option "Dismantle Incoming Groups". Also check the option "Use Illustrator Colors". This should allow you to select your objects individually and color them.

If you are still having issues, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Jonah WalkerRe: I have an illustrator object with 2 colors on 2 layers, yet it comes in as one color in Invirgorator Pro
by on Dec 3, 2010 at 10:45:42 pm

That is basically my problem. I have zero options able to be checked. Every option is greyed out so I can't select them. What is going on that I can't select any options!

- Jonah Lee Walker

Video Editor, After Effects Artist
http://www.whaleofatale.net

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: I have an illustrator object with 2 colors on 2 layers, yet it comes in as one color in Invirgorator Pro
by on Dec 7, 2010 at 7:54:30 pm

Hi Jonah,

Try re-installing 3D Invigorator Pro, and also resetting the Preferences. To reset the preference file, go to your "User > Library > Preferences" and delete the "Zaxwerks Invigorator Prefs" file. After the re-install and resetting the preferences, try importing the Illustrator file and see if that works.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]