ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Taking files to another computer

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Hudgins
Taking files to another computer
on Nov 16, 2010 at 7:59:26 pm

Howdy,

I'm working on a file on my MacPro - set up a bunch of Materials and using Zaxwerks within After Effects.

If I copy that file and all of its assets over to my MacBook Pro for working on the road, will my bin of materials come with it??

along a similar topic, if I delete "default" materials - how do I get 'em back?

Thanks

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
http://hudgemedia.com

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Taking files to another computer
on Nov 18, 2010 at 7:04:11 pm

Hi Drew,

The best way to do this is to keep all your texture maps in the "Documents > Zaxwerks > ProAnimator/3D Invigorator > Zaxwerks Maps" folder. Then, when you transfer the project file, you can just copy and paste the ProAnimator/3D Invigorator folder, and replace the existing one in the "Documents > Zaxwerks" folder.

To reset your swatches, delete the "Documents > Zaxwerks > ProAnimator/3D Invigorator" folder. The swatches will be rebuilt the next time you launch ProAnimator/3D Invigorator. Keep in mind that you will want to reset your swatches before you create all the new swatches, or save the texture maps into the "Zaxwerks Maps" folder. Otherwise, when you reset your swatches, you will lose all the new swatches you created, and all the texture maps that you've saved.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Drew Hudgins
on Nov 29, 2010 at 7:04:29 am

That was exactly what I needed to know! Thanks so much.

Follow up though.... I didn't get the message in time and I took off for my holiday travels WITHOUT bringing over the folder of Zaxwerks textures.

I didn't think it would be a big deal - so I opened AE and did a little work. Now that I'm back home, I just dragged the (newly duplicated) AE file back over to my main workstation and opened it. MY COLORS and TEXTURES are no longer showing on my models in my After Effects project.

Do I need to drag the folder of textures over to my MacBook, open the file there, close it, then copy it back to my main station again??

Or.... is it too late?

Return to posts index

Drew Hudgins
on Nov 29, 2010 at 8:34:23 am

D'oh

I had chosen "Use After Effects Lights" ... I turned that off and things were fine. BUT any tips on using Comp lights?? Something that has always seemed to give me some fits...

(because that would certainly be the preference for many projects ... but maybe that's another topic though...)

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Nov 29, 2010 at 6:14:08 pm

Hi Drew,

Be sure you are using Parallel or Spot Lights. These lights work best. Set the Parallel lights in a general direction from the top, and have the light be pointed down towards your objects. Be sure you have enough Light Intensity, and if you choose to, you can have the Lights be Casting Shadows. This should work pretty well for you.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]