ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Preparing AI file

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer HogePreparing AI file
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 7:22:45 pm

I'm not sure why I can't get ProAnimator to recognize my AI file correctly. I'm not sure if I've prepped the layers right, but I'm now at a loss. ProAnimator either recognizes it as one big black blob, a white flat shape, or a black version of layer 1.

I have a logo that is made up of various colors of circles, layered on top of each other (larger, getting smaller), with a gradient light effect on one of the inner layers. There are different text elements on top of each of the layers, created by paths and compound paths.

1. The circles were created by squares, using a clipping path to cut off the outsides. I then, used the "divide objects below" command to have an object that was just the "piece" of the circle that I needed.

2. The text is currently just "sitting" on top of the colored circles --- the text is created by compound paths so that A's and O's have holes in them, but there is not a "hole" under the letter, cutting through background circle. (I'm not sure how to manipulate these layers/groups so that ProAnimator reads it correctly)

3. The swatches within AI show the pantone colors, but when opening in ProAnimator, I'm not getting any color (let alone a logo that looks right).

Can someone help me or point me in the right direction to figuring out the right prep for bringing it into Proanimator. I have 4.5.1.

THANKS!

Return to posts index

Jennifer HogeRe: Preparing AI file
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 7:29:23 pm

Here is a link to the logo I am working with: http://www.premierimageprod.com/Premier_Image_Productions/logo.html

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Preparing AI file
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 8:25:24 pm

Hi Jennifer,

When working with a Clipping Mask, this makes it look like the vector shape has been cut, but in reality, the vector object is not really being clipped. If you go into Outline Mode, you will be able to see that the objects are not really cut, but instead, just being masked. In regards to colors, ProAnimator accepts flat colors. So if you are using gradient colors, this may be why you are not seeing the colors within ProAnimator. In addition, if all your objects are coming in as one single object, the object will only have one color.

Check out one of our video tutorials on how to prepare an Illustrator logo so you can import it into ProAnimator. The tutorial covers a lot of issues that you can run into when working with Illustrator projects. Below is the link to the tutorial:

http://zaxwerks.com/training/?p=468

If you are still having issues with the Illustrator file, please e-mail me at ed@zaxwerks.com and I will take a look at the project file for you.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

by on Nov 5, 2010 at 8:56:08 pm

Thank you Edward. I will try these tips and look at the tutorial!

Thanks again!
Jen

Return to posts index

by on Nov 6, 2010 at 12:22:18 am

Awesome tutorial! THANKS SO MUCH! It answered all my questions and now I'm animating! ;)

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Preparing AI file
by on Nov 6, 2010 at 12:29:52 am

Great to hear!

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]