ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Moving Camera in a Circle

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Puffenberger
Moving Camera in a Circle
on Sep 30, 2010 at 1:47:26 pm

I want to move the camera in a circle around some objects to create a looping clip that can be repeated (animated network bug). Therefore the first and last frames have to match.

I can't figure out a way to do that!

If I start with a static camera, then put several keyframes on the camera timeline so the last one is the same as the first, I can manipulate the rotation on the intervening keyframes to get what I want, but when it comes to the last transition, the motion reverses and you see a quick "rewind" back to the first frame. Not good.

Since there's no numerical readout of positions how is this done?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Moving Camera in a Circle
on Sep 30, 2010 at 5:06:02 pm

Hi Steve,

If you want to have the camera values, you can consider animating the camera in After Effects. By setting up ProAnimator as a plug-in for After Effects, you can use the setting "Use Comp Camera".

The key to setting this up in either ProAnimator or After Effects is that the last frame in your animation should be where the camera is almost coming back to a full circle. This means, since you are doing a 360 rotation around your object, you'll want the camera to stop at maybe 355 degrees at the last frame. Then, once you loop the animation with the starting frame, the animation should loop seamlessly.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Steve Puffenberger
Re: Moving Camera in a Circle
on Sep 30, 2010 at 5:32:31 pm

Interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Of course now that I've moved to CS5, it's a problem. Fortunately I still have CS4 operating on another machine.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]