ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator Roll Z bounce Back

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Huntley
ProAnimator Roll Z bounce Back
on Sep 21, 2010 at 3:03:49 pm

I know that this is probably something very simple but I am somehow missing it. Whenever I use the Roll Z action on a transition it stops somewhere near the end and goes back the other direction. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: ProAnimator Roll Z bounce Back
on Sep 21, 2010 at 10:20:41 pm

Hi Scott,

This may sometimes happen if you have multiple objects that are ungrouped. Another thing that may cause this is if you have applied tweaks to your objects. Try grouping the objects together by selecting the Transition, and under "Transition Grouping", select "Make Hard Group". To remove tweaks applied to your objects, go to the bottom left corner of the Animation window, and click the "Reset Tweaks" button.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Michael Sigmon
on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:47:29 pm

Sorry Edward Wu... neither worked for me. This is frustrating as heck. Just to test it, I'm starting with the Universal sample project file. I want the sphere to rotate as we pass over it. No matter what I do... about 2/3 of the way through the transition, it begins spinning in another direction. I even tried adding a new sphere and starting from scratch with poses and transition. Same result. Does not look professional, to say the least.

Return to posts index

Michael Sigmon
on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:55:30 pm

OK I just figured out (I think) the answer to my problem.

In order to make a sphere rotate in place... you don't do "Pose Action:Spin Y" (for example) on the transition, with two poses bookending it.

What you do for a smooth, non-bounce-back rotation is take a single pose and then do "Pose Action:Spin Y". Which seems rather... counter-intuitive.

Anyway, that's how it works correctly.

Figured that out reading the thread, "other ProAnimator questions...."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]