ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Zaxwerks 3D Flag question

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric ShepherdZaxwerks 3D Flag question
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 9:45:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I need to recreate the look of this flag. It's very cartoony and simple, and all of the rows of stripes are identical.

I just need to recreate the style of the ripple (identical on every stripe). I haven't had any luck coming up with a non-realistic movement within 3D Flag.

http://www.neworderdesign.com/images/original_flag_sample.gif

Is there any way to recreate this general idea? It doesn't need to be exactly like this (not pixel perfect) and I can add the fade to white if I want, etc. But I just can't seem to get anywhere with this plugin or the built-in Ripple, Warp, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Eric

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Zaxwerks 3D Flag question
by on Aug 4, 2010 at 11:28:40 pm

Hi Eric,

Although not quite the same, but Steve Holmes has created a similar look for his project for USA Cycling. You can check out his animation below:

http://zaxwerks.com/blog/2010/06/16/steve-holmes-helps-usa-cycling-on-the-t...

The flag also has a cartoonish look using the American Flag. For your specific flag, you can try adjusting the Wind Direction while removing the Gravity (changing the value to 0). This should help your flag look more cartoonish.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Eric ShepherdRe: Zaxwerks 3D Flag question
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 5:11:44 am

Thanks for the reply, Edward.

Any idea how the cartoon look was achieved? I tried the Cartoon plugin but it wasn't very impressive. I also tried Hue/Saturation to colorize and lighten my flag, but it wasn't quite right either way.

Thanks again,
Eric

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Zaxwerks 3D Flag question
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 5:52:50 pm

Hi Eric,

You may want to try adding an Ambient light with 100& Light Intensity, and switch the 3D Flag setting so that it is using Comp Lights. This will make the Flag really bright, and remove the shadows, which will make the flag look a lot more cartoonish.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Eric ShepherdRe: Zaxwerks 3D Flag question
by on Aug 10, 2010 at 9:22:22 am

Thanks for the help, Edward!

I got a little closer to my goal and then the project changed a bit on me. So in the end, I was able to use the Wave Warp plugin and get the effect I needed.

Hopefully I can use 3D Flag in future projects and really get to put it through its paces! ;)

Thanks again,
Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]