ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3d serpentine problem

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aqeel Sami3d serpentine problem
by on Jul 31, 2010 at 2:40:38 am

i have a problem making an extruded star using 3d serpentine moving around a 3d object made by 3d invigorator.by putting the 3d object between the start and end of the path it should hide the 3d extruded star behind it at the beginning and the extruded 3d star should hide the 3d object when it comes at the front.. i wasn't able to do that unless i made a workaround by keying the z axis of the 3d object at the beginning to be infront of the extruded star and key it again to be behind the 3d object.is there a normal or a better way to do that. is that problem because of using 3d invigorator ?

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: 3d serpentine problem
by on Aug 2, 2010 at 9:27:53 pm

Hi Aqeel,

What you're running into is that 3D Serpentine and 3D Invigorator uses different 3D space. This is why even though your 3D Serpentine object flies behind the 3D Invigorator object, the object still shows up in front of the 3D Invigorator object. This is determined by the After Effects layering hierarchy. So, to have the effect that your 3D Serpentine object is flying behind your 3D Invigorator object, you will need to use some masking for the 3D Invigorator object.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]