ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Proanimator Import Model Error

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christina CrawleyProanimator Import Model Error
by on Jul 30, 2010 at 5:33:26 pm

Hello! My company purchased a model that I believe was originally created in Cinema 4d http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=21364

I understand the import limitations of the Cinema 4d models (v5), and tried importing the .3ds, .obj, and .dxf files which did not work at all.

The "best" import is from the .3ds version which actually "opens" the model but nothing is visible. The floor grid disappears, no objects are visible, but individual objects are listed in the object selection drop down menu. This is a tease and makes me feel like there should be SOME way to get it to work (?).

As an alternative, I download the demo of Cinema 4d (version 11.5) and tried exporting various files out of it that should be ProAnim compatible (.3ds, .obj, .dxf) to no avail. I also deleted all lights and anything extraneous in Cinema 4d from the scene before exporting - did not help.

Am I going to be FORCED to learn Cinema 4d to get this model to work?!?! :) Sounds like a version compatibly issue, but if anyone has any solution suggestions, please pass them my way.

A ProAnim update to allow for more current versions of the modeling software would be nice, too ;)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Proanimator Import Model Error
by on Jul 30, 2010 at 10:22:03 pm

Hi Christina,

Sounds like you're having success with the .3ds version when you are able to see the objects in the Object List. What is happening is that the objects are huge, so the camera is zoomed way out in order to try to fit everything. In the process, the objects/camera probably end up outside the clipping range. To see the objects, you can do one of the following:

Select one of the objects from the Object List, and go to the Views pulldown menu, and select "Fit Selected". This will take the camera and place it in front of the selected objects. The other option is to scale the objects down so you will be able to see them. When importing the objects, you will see the setting "Scale". Enter 10 to scale the objects to 10%, and you should be able to see all the imported objects.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Christina CrawleyRe: Proanimator Import Model Error
by on Aug 2, 2010 at 1:10:25 pm

Scaling down the object track as well as the "fit selected" view has made the model visible!

Thanks Edward!
- Christina

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]