ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Lost functionality

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen SmithLost functionality
by on Jul 29, 2010 at 1:25:39 pm

I've lost functionality in ProAnimator FX. In the Animation window in the Animation Controls section under Advanced I had a whole bunch of settings to move the object around. I did something that now makes the Advanced section only say, "Use the tools in the Scene Preview window to set camera poses." I don't want to use the tools I liked it the way it was where I could numerically change the x position or whatever. How do I get that feature back?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Lost functionality
by on Jul 29, 2010 at 10:47:34 pm

Hi Stephen,

What you're running into is that you've created a Camera Track and is currently selecting the Camera Track. This is why the Pose/Transition Controls are gone, and replaced with the message that you are currently seeing.

To get the Pose/Transition controls back, select the Object Track you want to edit, and click on the Pose or Transition.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Lost functionality
by on Jul 29, 2010 at 11:03:22 pm

Before I learned how to group tracks I created two tracks that need to animate together. So I added a Camera and animated it to move the two tracks. Then I needed to duplicate that project and move the two objects over so they sat side by side. In order to move the objects I moved the camera and not the two Object tracks. I did it numerically down in the Advanced Controls. I know I didn't move the Objects because I would have had to move them both where I can only move one Object at a time unless I group them. Which I didn't know about before I started this mess of a project.

I want to move the camera with numeric values instead of the tools in the Scene Preview window. How do I do that. Thanks for your help.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Lost functionality
by on Jul 29, 2010 at 11:51:11 pm

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately, there are no ways to move the ProAnimator camera numerically. The only way to move the ProAnimator camera around is using the Camera Manipulation tools.

You can move Objects numerically by clicking the objects, and changing the "Move X,Y,Z" settings to move your objects. Or, you can click on the Object and go to the Stats button to type in specific values for the Object Position, but there isn't a way currently to change the Camera Positions numerically.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]