ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

guideline for motion blur in proanimator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Driesen
guideline for motion blur in proanimator
on Jul 29, 2010 at 11:34:25 am

Huy Guys,

is there a guideline for the settings of motion blur in pro animator?
I read that 8 passes suits most animations well (in the manual), but what about the "angle" settings? (180 by default...)

Mark

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: guideline for motion blur in proanimator
on Jul 29, 2010 at 11:46:37 pm

Hi Mark,

The Motion Blur and Shutter Angle all depends on the animation. If your animation is very fast, you will need to increase the number of passes for your Motion Blur to make your animation look smooth. The Shutter Angle controls how long the Motion Blur is. If you increase the Angle, the Blur will last longer as well. So, if you increase the Shutter Angle, be sure to increase the number of passes as well to make the blur appear smooth.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Mark Driesen
on Jul 30, 2010 at 9:03:22 am

ok, but...
is there a "preferred relation" between the 2 settings? (in relation to each other, or in relation to "real world movement")
For example when I set the angle to 180, passes should be set to...
When I would set it to 50, passes should be set to (at least)?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jul 30, 2010 at 10:07:23 pm

Hi Mark,

I don't know of any specific formula unfortunately. You can probably get the best results for a specific project through trial and error since it's all based on how fast your animation plays out. If your animation is very fast, you can consider increasing the angle to 220 for example, as well as increasing the Motion Blur passes to 8. If your animation is really slow and you lower the shutter angle to 50, then you may want to keep the Motion Blur passes at 4, or lower the passes to 2. it all depends on your animation, and whether the results go with the look that you're going for.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]