ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

position an object and make it stick to (the position and movement) of another object on the same track

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Driesen
position an object and make it stick to (the position and movement) of another object on the same track
on Jun 30, 2010 at 12:18:51 pm

Hi guys,

I have an (older) animation, in which there is an object that was not animated...
Is there a way to position this object and make it stick to (the position and movement) of another object on the same track?
(this object actually is an element of the object it should stick to)

Mark

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: position an object and make it stick to (the position and movement) of another object on the same track
on Jun 30, 2010 at 5:00:03 pm

Hi Mark,

If you used the tweak controls to animate your objects, then the only way to have the objects move together is to select the Transition, then go to "Transition Grouping" and choose "Make Hard Group". This will force the objects to move together. However, keep in mind that you may need to go to the ending pose and reposition the objects so that they are at the same ending position for the animation to work out.

If you used the animation window (using the Move X/Y/Z controls, etc), then you can move the object out of the Object Track, then move the object back into the track, and the object should move along with everything in the Object Track.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Mark Driesen
Re: position an object and make it stick to (the position and movement) of another object on the same track
on Jul 8, 2010 at 4:04:42 pm

Hi Edward,

I tried both suggestions, but I cannot manage to get it right.
I have something that is ok to use after lots of tweaks (copying positions in the stats windows of the objects...probably not the way to go?), but I would still like to find out if it's possible to do this "the right" way.

When I move the forgotten (non animated) object to another track and from there to the track it should be on, everything moves together, BUT even the position of the other (original element on the track) element is changing and all wrong.
The result is almost the same when I try hard grouping.
This is a Zax project made with an older version and when I open it it gets converted...could this have something to do with my issues?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jul 8, 2010 at 9:19:26 pm

Hi Mark,

From your descriptions, it seems like the animation was created by tweaking the position of objects in different poses. If this is the case, then the method of copying and pasting the Position of the objects in the Stats window may be the best solution.

If the animation was created from the Animation controls window (using the Move X/Y/Z commands, the Rotation controls, etc), then you should be able to move the object into the same Object Track, and the object will behave the same as all the other objects in the Object Track.

Without looking at the project setup, it's hard to guess how the animation was created. If you need me to take a look at your project file, please send the ProAnimator scene to ed@zaxwerks.com. Describe what you want to do, and which object you want to follow which Object Track.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]