ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Layer Mapping Distortion

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Slabaugh
Layer Mapping Distortion
on Jun 22, 2010 at 10:37:04 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a layer map of a precomp pull back from full frame into an animation. I have my plane set up in invigorator to be the same aspect ratio as my comp frame. The layer map is set using absolute color to avoid color shifts.

When i adjust the camera so that the layer mapped plane fills the whole frame it creates a slight distortion in the image when i compare it to a regular after effects layer of the same image. No matter how finely i adjust the camera there is distortion happening. I'm talking very slight distortion but i'm still curious if there is a way to get rid of it.

I'd really like to have a layer mapped image in invigorator that appears exactly the same as a layer in the comp. I'm guessing this is a render anomaly with invigorator that probably won't allow it to have a 1 to 1, pixel for pixel image that matches with the after effects renderer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Layer Mapping Distortion
on Jun 23, 2010 at 9:06:12 pm

Hi Joel,

Please send the project file to me at ed@zaxwerks.com and I'll take a look at what you're running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Joel Slabaugh
on Jun 23, 2010 at 10:27:57 pm

Thanks for the response Edward. I've sent the file to your email.

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Jun 24, 2010 at 1:57:21 am

Hi guys,

Please check if transforming your comp to a Square pixel aspect ratio could help.

Salut.
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]