ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Pro Animator Logo colors in ai staying when imported

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Wilkins
Pro Animator Logo colors in ai staying when imported
on May 28, 2010 at 3:18:57 pm

I have read a previous post regarding this same problem, but I tried what was suggested - checking the box that says to keep the ai colors, but it still imports it in grey. Further more it is importing only part of the logo.

George Wilkins

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Pro Animator Logo colors in ai staying when imported
on May 28, 2010 at 7:19:12 pm

Hi George,

When drawing your logo in Illustrator, be sure you are using a RGB fill, and you are not using a stroke on your object. If you have a stroke and a fill, the object will not be colored properly. Also, keep in mind that ProAnimator only uses solid colors. Gradient colors do not work. So, be sure to adjust all the fills of your objects so that they are only using a RGB Color. Then, import the Illustrator file into ProAnimator, and check the option "Use Illustrator Colors".

If you're still having problems, please send the Illustrator file to ed@zaxwerks.com and I'll take a look at what you're running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

George Wilkins
on May 29, 2010 at 6:52:19 am

Thanks for such a fast response!

I'll give it a try. If I fail, I'll send it to you.

George

George Wilkins

Return to posts index

Reuben Zuazua
on Aug 21, 2010 at 1:02:11 pm

Hey Ed. This is a little late, but in order for a gradient to show I would have to use a Layer map? then I can animate this.
Im I correct...
Thanks

Reuben Zuazua
After Hours Production
graFX Artist
indie@afterhoursproduction.com

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Aug 23, 2010 at 6:12:12 pm

Hi Reuben,

You don't necessarily need to use a Layer Map. You can save the Gradient in either Illustrator or Photoshop, then apply it as a texture map within 3D Invigorator/ProAnimator. Layer Maps are useful to use when you want to use an After Effects Pre-comp as a texture map, but is not necessary if you want to add a gradient (You could use a gradient pre-comp if you wanted to though).

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]