ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Simple Object Rotation

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stan Arthur
Simple Object Rotation
on May 7, 2010 at 4:25:53 pm

Please tell me how to make a selected object just simply rotate horizontally 1 time (360 degrees)over the course of 30 seconds on a 30 second time line. I have used the object tumble tool holding the shift key to do this, but it's difficult to get the object to land in exactly the same place it started in order to make a looping, rotating oblect. I intend to lop off the last frame in After Effects in order to make a seamless loop. Is there a way to just set beginning and ending object poses and tell the object to rotate on it's Y axis one complete time?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Simple Object Rotation
on May 7, 2010 at 6:46:38 pm

Hi Stan,

To do this, extend your pose so that it's 30 seconds. Then, go to the animation window and find the "Pose Actions" section. Open the "Action" drop down menu, and select "Spin Y". For the "Rotation" value, enter 360, and check the "Use Common Center" checkbox. This should allow you to create the seamless loop that you're looking for.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Stan Arthur
on May 10, 2010 at 6:21:38 pm

Perfect. Thanks. Took me a while to figure out I had to use the "advanced" view :)

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on May 10, 2010 at 8:48:45 pm

Hi Stan,

No problem. Glad you were able to figure it out. Once you get used to the program, you'll want to always keep the Animation window in advanced view. This way, you have all the useful controls to play with!

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]