ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Proanimator crashing on save

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John OrbanProanimator crashing on save
by on May 5, 2010 at 8:53:32 pm

Running ProAnimator stand alone on Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on a MacPro 2 X 4core processors, 16GB RAM.

When I "Save Scene" the program crashes and throws this error.

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Even if I create a blank scene and immediately try to save it the program crashes.

I tried opening ProAnimator in After Effects, clicking to edit in ProAnimator and when I went to save the scene, PA crashed and then AE crashed. I think it's a PA problem...unless it's some hardware issue with my Mac.

I've tried rebooting my Mac and the doesn't help. I've requested a new software download but am still waiting for that and I'm not sure that's going to help anyhow.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Proanimator crashing on save
by on May 6, 2010 at 12:40:35 am

Hi John,

Be sure you're using version 4.5.1 of ProAnimator. If you're using a previous version, you may run into issues when you are using a newer OSX.

To download version 4.5.1, please visit our download page below:

http://www.zaxwerks.com/download/

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

John OrbanRe: Proanimator crashing on save
by on May 6, 2010 at 10:28:15 am

Yeah ,mi got the link late yesterday PM. I tried the new software, but it's still crashing.

Return to posts index

by on May 6, 2010 at 12:58:54 pm

Proanimator 4.5.1 does not seem to work with Snow Leopard.

I tried installing PA on another laptop w/ 10.6.1 and it crashes on that machine as well.

When will this be fixed?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

by on May 6, 2010 at 6:22:27 pm

Hi John,

Typically we don't seem to have any issues running ProAnimator 4.5.1 on Snow Leopard. Is the new machine also crashing when you are trying to save? Also, does this happen every time you attempt to save a file? If you are unsure, you can try creating a simple scene with just a 3D primitive and see if you can save that scene without any issues. If there are specific steps that lead to those crashes, please specify what steps you are using that is leading to the crashes.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

by on May 7, 2010 at 1:30:11 pm

I can do anything in ProAnimator EXCEPT save. If I didn't need to edit a file in the future ProAnimator would work just fine. It renders, it does everything except save the scene.

It doesn't make any difference if I save a file or just create a blank scene and attempt to save that. Nothing works.

I created a 3D primitive, as you suggested. I was able to select an animation and then render the movie. However when I try to "Save Scene", it crashes.

As I mentioned before, I installed this on another laptop with Snow Leopard and it crashed. I also installed it on a Leopard laptop and I WAS able to save the scene.

That's why I'm thinking that there is some problem w/ Snow Leopard.

I even changed the permissions on the "ProAnimator 4.5.1 Mac" folder to "everyone" = read/write. Still crashes.

Return to posts index

by on May 7, 2010 at 11:18:24 pm

Hi John,

Try resetting the ProAnimator Preferences and see if that helps. To do this, go to the "Users > Library > Preferences" folder, and delete the "Zaxwerks ProAnimator Prefs" file. Then, see if that allows you to save your ProAnimator Scenes.

If this doesn't help, please save a crash log, and send it to me through e-mail. My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

We can take a look at the crash log, and see what you are running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

by on May 8, 2010 at 2:42:00 pm

I'm home now, but when I started ProAnimator on my MacBook Pro, the same behavior occurred - crash on save. (Created a primitive - "Save" - CRASH).

I've emailed you the report.

Return to posts index

by on May 10, 2010 at 6:46:31 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for the crash reports. Please check your e-mail. We have a newer version of the software that is available for you to use. Please see if this helps with your issue.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2010 at 1:36:14 pm

I just want to reply to Ed's last email because the folks @ ProAnimator resolved my issue.

I have to say, folks, this is Support with a Capital "S". Wow!

During the interim, while I was getting this resolved, I was messing around with Blender and, boy, did I come to appreciate the elegance of ProAnimator. This is a remarkable program. I'm only now beginning to go through all the elements of the software but my hat's off to you folks @ Zaxwerks. It's really nice to have software that works and when it doesn't have support folks who care enough to help their customers!

John

Return to posts index

Kirk BaggottRe: Proanimator crashing on save
by on Dec 13, 2010 at 9:51:31 pm

Having the same issue... can't save and I'm running the newest version. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Return to posts index

by on Dec 14, 2010 at 3:02:53 am

I just downloaded the newest version from the web site, but I'm having the same issue... the program crashes anytime I try to save...

Return to posts index

by on Dec 14, 2010 at 3:07:08 am

I just downloaded the newest version from the web site, but I'm having the same issue... the program crashes anytime I try to save...

Return to posts index

by on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:13:03 pm

Hi Kirk,

Please e-mail me at ed@zaxwerks.com

I will send you a new version of ProAnimator that will resolve the issue you are running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]