ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator Pro and Trapcode Particular 2

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Manuel
Invigorator Pro and Trapcode Particular 2
on May 3, 2010 at 3:08:13 am

Hi,

I'm dealing with an AE CS4 project, using invigorator pro and trapcode particular 2. I'm making a design for a wedding, where some particles spins around a vector heart shape that is orbiting also, my problems goes that, I can't get these particles pass behing my heart, only in front, I have made several tests, but without any success. I'm controlling my invigorator layer using as a set a null controller, also for the particles, having parented the 3 axis with a particle null controller.
Is there a way to get this effect possible, because invigorator uses a 2D layer and particular a 3D layer.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Charles Manuel

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Invigorator Pro and Trapcode Particular 2
on May 3, 2010 at 5:30:02 pm

Hi Charles,

3D Invigorator uses a different 3D space than the After Effects 3D space. Since the 3D Invigorator objects exists in the 2D Layer, you would need to work with the layer hierarchy in After Effects to make the particles pass behind the heart. What you can try is to duplicate the particle layer so that you have one layer on top of the 3D Invigorator layer, and also one layer below the 3D Invigorator layer. Then, mask out the areas on the top layer where the 3D Invigorator object is supposed to be covering the particles and you should have the effect that you are looking for.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Charles Manuel
Re: Invigorator Pro and Trapcode Particular 2
on May 4, 2010 at 6:28:10 pm

Hi Edward:

I got the effect I was looking for, thanks for your time and support.

Best regards, Charles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]