ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Is Invigorator capable of doing what I want to do?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amber NavarreteIs Invigorator capable of doing what I want to do?
by on Apr 8, 2010 at 8:05:01 pm

I recently purchased Invigorator Pro for a project. What I wanted to do is create a simple sphere and parent little vector objects to it in AE in order to make a cute little planet that I can spin to different parts and zoom in, etc.

So far it's been very difficult pulling this off. It seemed like a simple enough task but maybe Invigorator is not capable of it.

I ended up setting up a control system in AE and parenting my Zaxwerk object (using the Set1) and vector objects to my AE control. Hope that makes sense. The most frustrating part is that I can tell Invigorator to use my comp lights but my sphere won't accept shadows form my vector objects that are stuck on the outside of the sphere. Does Zaxwerk 3D objects accept shadows? I did change it to 3D and tell it to accept shadows but still with no luck.

I'm about half way there and am close to giving up. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Is Invigorator capable of doing what I want to do?
by on Apr 8, 2010 at 9:50:48 pm

Hi Amber,

Sorry to hear about the frustrations. It may be a little confusing to integrate After Effects 3D Layers and 3D Invigorator objects, but you'll get the hang of it.

What may be easier to set up, is to try having all your objects in 3D Invigorator. This means keep everything in Set 1. Put the planet and all your vector objects in Set 1. To put your vector objects in 3D Invigorator, load the vector images as texture maps, and apply them onto Planes.

Keep in mind that 3D Invigorator objects can casts shadows onto other 3D Invigorator objects. So if you want to have have the planet casts shadows onto the vector objects and vice versa, they all need to be in the 3D Invigorator scene.

Lastly, remember to make your 3D Invigorator layer comp-size, and keep the layer as a 2D layer. If you make the layer a 3D layer, your objects may end up looking flat.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]