ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

64 bit CS5 and Zackwerks

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Moya64 bit CS5 and Zackwerks
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 12:17:47 am

What will be the policy of Zackwerks with regard to purchases of 32bit only plug-ins from Zackwerks made between now and when 64bit version of Zackwerks will be available... assuming a 64 bit version of Zackwerks versions will be available?

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: 64 bit CS5 and Zackwerks
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 8:09:25 pm

Hi Joe,

Our purchase policy is as follows:

If you purchase any of our software, and we release a newer version of the software within 3 months of your purchase date, you will receive the update to the newer version free of charge. This means, if you purchase any of our plug-ins today, and we release the 64 bit versions within 3 months, then you are eligible to receive the upgrade for free.

We are working hard to update all of our plug-ins to 64-bit at the moment, but as of now, we do not have a set release date for when the 64-bit versions will be available.

The upgrade fee will vary depending on the product. For major releases such as our 3D Invigorator and ProAnimator products, these new upgrades will contain massive feature updates that will greatly enhance the capabilities of the program. These new releases will be considered full version upgrades. Our other plug-ins that are converted from 32-bit to 64-bit will have to be completely re-written, so there will be small upgrade fees.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Rob MorenoRe: 64 bit CS5 and Zackwerks
by on Mar 27, 2010 at 11:49:57 am

Will the next versions on Invigorator Pro and Pro Animator support 10 bit rendering?

Return to posts index

by on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:19:28 pm

Hi Rob,

The current version of ProAnimator allows you to render Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2. I'm not sure if I understand your question completely, so let me know if this isn't what you were referring to.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

by on Mar 30, 2010 at 1:29:26 am

Oh, I wasn't aware the latest version supported 10 bit. Thanks for the good news!

Tokyo

Return to posts index

by on Mar 30, 2010 at 6:37:33 am

Hi again, Edward.

Pro Animator supports 10 bit rendering, but Invigorator Pro is still 8 bit, right? I have version 4.5.1.
Will Invigorator Pro support 10 bit in the future? And what about double-byte characters?

Tokyo

Return to posts index

by on Mar 30, 2010 at 6:05:33 pm

Hi Rob,

The Invigorator Pro uses the After Effects renderer. So, you'll be able to select the Uncompressed 10-bit compressor from the render settings with the After Effects render settings.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Ben MoseleyRe: 64 bit CS5 and Zackwerks
by on May 25, 2010 at 8:18:42 pm

Hey Edward,

We are sort of doing a sad/nervous dance here at my place of work:

I placed an order to have a new graphics machine built, with Windows 7 as the OS, CS4 Master Suite, and finally since begging since 2007; a copy of Pro Animator, and Invigarator.

I was approved for the build in November, however they wanted to "hold off" and not buy software until after CS5 was released so they could get the upgrade. I was bummed that I would have to wait even longer, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

So, finally March 23 they buy CS5 Master Suite and they buy my Zax plugs.

Well they didn't get the computer set up in my work space until last Friday (hey they are busy I understand.)

"Hmm that's funny, I can't see the zax plugins in the effect menu."

I had an engineer log into the IT login and I attempted to reinstall the plugs for about an hour until I said. "I wonder if these are even compatible with CS5?"

:-(

Well, I found your post here, and I am just very anxious to know, do I have lame duck software here that can't be returned because it was opened? (And past the 30 day return limit)

Is there anyway you could tell me if 64bit versions will be released before June 23?

There is no way that my company will "rebuy" the 64 bit versions and me be able to install them on the CS5 beast.

I appreciate any info you can give me.

Best Regards,
Ben Moseley

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2010 at 9:17:51 pm

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear about the disappointment that you ran into when you tried to run your plug-ins inside of CS5. Would you mind letting me know whom the software is registered under? Once we have the purchase information, I can see what we can do for you.

If you'd like, you can e-mail me at ed@zaxwerks.com and we can discuss this through e-mail.

In the mean time, if your company has purchased the CS4 suite, you can use the plug-ins within After Effects CS4 or use ProAnimator as a standalone and export your movies with an alpha channel. Then, you can import your movies into After Effects CS5.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Ben MoseleyRe: 64 bit CS5 and Zackwerks
by on May 25, 2010 at 9:56:18 pm

Ed,

Thanks so much for the quick response. I sent you an email
so that we could talk about this off the board. I appreciate your
time, and for looking into this with me.

Best Regards,

Ben

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2010 at 9:19:31 pm

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear about the disappointment that you ran into when you tried to run your plug-ins inside of CS5. Would you mind letting me know whom the software is registered under? Once we have the purchase information, I can see what we can do for you.

If you'd like, you can e-mail me at ed@zaxwerks.com and we can discuss this through e-mail.

In the mean time, if your company has purchased the CS4 suite, you can use the plug-ins within After Effects CS4 or use ProAnimator as a standalone and export your movies with an alpha channel. Then, you can import your movies into After Effects CS5.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Scott RucciRe: 64 bit CS5 and Zackwerks
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 8:33:01 pm

What is the best way to monitor when 64 bit versions are released? I am specifically interested in updating reflector. What will the version number of the upcoming release be?

Scott Rucci
Rucci Productions
ruccipro.com

Return to posts index

by on Jun 1, 2010 at 10:01:28 pm

Hi Scott,

When our 64-bit plug-ins are released, we will send out an e-mail to all our users to inform everyone of the new release. We will also post the information on our web site.

We currently don't have a set number as to what our next version of 3D Reflector would be. It's possible that it may be a 1.9.0, or 2.0.0 release.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]