ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator / Motion can't find linked reflection file

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Mote
ProAnimator / Motion can't find linked reflection file
on Mar 4, 2010 at 3:29:58 pm

I built an animation in Motion using a ProAnimator animation at the start. Now any time I try to open the file, I get a dialog that says it can't find a jpeg file which is clearly in the same folder as the Motion file. Not only that, but I'm getting the dreaded beach ball of death and am not able to click on the "skip" button. I'm at a stand-still unless someone can help me get through this.

http://homepage.mac.com/kevinmote/Enclose/Picture_4.png

Please help.

-Kevin

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: ProAnimator / Motion can't find linked reflection file
on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:07:19 pm

Hi Kevin,

This means that ProAnimator is unable to locate an image file that you've applied as a texture map.

To fix this, you can try re-linking the texture map image. Or, if that isn't possible, try resetting all your swatches by going to the "Documents > Zaxwerks" folder, and deleting the "ProAnimator" folder. This will reset all your swatches, and rebuild them the next time you open up ProAnimator.

Once the swatches have been rebuilt, you will not get the error message to re-link your texture map.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Kevin Mote
on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:40:01 pm

Thanks for that, Edward. I'm still not sure why PA isn't finding the photo used in the texture map. I'm going to avoid using texture maps for sure from now on.

Unfortunately, the error dialog box that comes up at the boot-up is a frozen thing. It neither lets me skip it, nor tell it where the file that it can't find is. It's just frozen forever.

I guess I'm going to have to delete that folder you mentioned. I guess it's like a Preference file?

Thanks for your help.

-Kevin

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 4, 2010 at 8:29:43 pm

Hi Kevin,

You shouldn't need to avoid using texture maps. That dialog box usually only comes up when you create a material with a texture map applied, then move the texture map on your system. So, unless you change the location of your texture maps, you won't have to worry about the dialog box.

The ProAnimator folder I mentioned contains all the animation presets, material swatches, and object styles. By deleting it, the program resets back to the factory defaults. If you need to back out any swatches, move the ProAnimator folder to a different location instead of deleting the folder.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Kevin Mote
on Mar 12, 2010 at 2:12:26 pm

That's just not working out. I trashed the folder you suggested and I still get the error dialog box same as before and it won't let me navigate to open the missing linked file. The "Open" button is persistently grayed-out.Motion gives me the beach ball of death forever.

I need this file to be usable with or without the ProAnimator part of it.

Please help. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 12, 2010 at 5:19:27 pm

Hi Kevin,

Please send me the Motion project and I will help you remove the texture map you are using so you can open your project,

My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]