ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

How can I set underlying transparency in invigorator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark cookmanHow can I set underlying transparency in invigorator
by on Mar 3, 2010 at 5:43:43 pm

I have a layer mapped material that gradually introduces transparent areas - as these appear the underlying (default) surface colour of my object is revealed - how can I obtain a transparent default colour?

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: How can I set underlying transparency in invigorator
by on Mar 3, 2010 at 6:50:40 pm

Hi Mark,

I'm not quite sure what you meant by a transparent default color. Can you elaborate a little more on that?

In general, if you want a material swatch to be transparent, you can adjust the "Transparency" setting, and your material will become transparent. If you're working with a layer map, it can be a pre-comp where you animate the alpha channel. Then the transparency area for your object can move to introduce different areas like you mentioned.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

mark cookmanHow can I control object transparency with alpha in invigorator
by on Mar 4, 2010 at 4:43:28 pm

By default colour I mean what Zax refers to as underlying surface colour.

For any folks trying to make parts of their objects transparent: - you need to assign alpha information to the texture map thumbnail position next to transparency; ie. second slot from bottom.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: How can I control object transparency with alpha in invigorator
by on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:02:59 pm

Hi Mark,

The surface color transparency is controlled by the Transparency setting. If you adjust the transparency, your material will become transparent. However, if you have a Transparency map applied, the transparency will only be applied to the areas that are non-white on your transparency map. This means that areas that are white will still be opaque while gray/black areas will become transparent.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]