ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

How do you add an end cap that is a particle generated object in Serpentine

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Moya
How do you add an end cap that is a particle generated object in Serpentine
on Mar 1, 2010 at 4:31:33 am

Is there a way to add a end cap in ProAnimator using Serpintine that is not a 3D zxo file?

What I want to do is add a sparkle to the end of a extruded line/cable (to be exact... I want to recreate a fuse being lit and burning down a fuse)... so far, the only solution I have thought about to solve this problem involves the creation of a zxo file using a particle emitter to duplicate/create a sparkling effect.

It would be WAY simplier to simply apply a 2D actual video of a sparkle than create it in a 3D application. Any suggestions as to how to create the similation of a fuse burning using Serpintien.

BTW, my plan "B" is to track the serpentine extruded object/fuse/line along it's movement path and use actual video sparkle portion of the fuse burning to follow the tracking data (tracking will probably use MOCHA). But, off hand... that could cause some 3D camera problems since there is no depth using actual video of the sparkling end of a fuse burning.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: How do you add an end cap that is a particle generated object in Serpentine
on Mar 1, 2010 at 5:54:51 pm

Hi Joe,

If you're thinking of using a 2D video as your end cap, what you can try is to create a plane in 3D Invigorator/ProAnimator and export that as your custom end cap. Then, apply the video of the sparkle as a texture map onto the head end cap. This will allow you to have the 2D video mapped at the head of the fuse. However, this technique will be similar to the tracking technique mentioned, and might look like there is no depth in certain situations.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 1, 2010 at 6:00:32 pm

Hi Joe,

I forgot to add, 3D Serpentine End caps look for ".zxo" files, so the only way to map 2D objects would be to use the "Plane" technique mentioned in the previous post, or take your footage and turn it into a 3D Layer in After Effects, and parent it to the 3D Serpentine Path. 3D Serpentine doesn't accept other file formats as the End Cap.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Joe Moya
on Mar 1, 2010 at 6:16:23 pm

Thanks for the "creating the plane and project the 2D video on the plane idea" idea.... sounds like a plan... but, I think it is going to have problems with the way I have the camera movements setup. I am certain it will reveal the lack of 3D needed to "sell" the look I have going.

That leaves me with the idea of building a particle object in a 3D software application.... then, exporting the particle object/sparkle as an zxo file as the end cap. OR...you mentioned buidling a sparkle effect in AE in a 3D layer... will that work when using ProAnimator and Serpertine? Will you get the same effect tracking a trapcode particular created sparkle for burning section of the fuse AND still get a reasonable 3D look with the sparkle?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]