ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator limitation in AEF camera reach / visibility distance?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frederic lichtensteinInvigorator limitation in AEF camera reach / visibility distance?
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 4:17:04 am

I’m animating an Illustrator object through a controller, and when moving it away from the camera it disappears as if going through an opaque wall.
Is there a Invigorator limitation in AEF camera reach / visibility distance?

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Invigorator limitation in AEF camera reach / visibility distance?
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 11:00:27 pm

Hi Frederic,

If you are using the 3D Invigorator camera, here are some steps that you can work with to get the draw distance to be 30,000 units instead of 10,000 units.

Go into the 3D Invigorator Setup window (by clicking the little red ball) and save your scene. To save your scene, use the "Cmd + s (Mac) / Ctrl + s (Win)" command, and name the scene. If the scene doesn't save with an extension, then add ".zxp" to the end of the project file.

Next, open the saved scene with a text editor tool. In the text editor, use the find tool, and search for "clip". You should be able to find the following information below:

begin CameraX

name "dflt_cam"

............. (I omitted the other data in here)

clip 0.100000 10000.000000 <--- change this value to 30000

After you make the change to the "clip" value, save the .zxp project file again, and go back into After Effects project. Go into the 3D Invigorator setup window and use the "Cmd + o (Mac) / Ctrl + o (Win)" command to open the scene. Select the Zaxwerks project you saved and open up the scene.

After opening the scene, press OK to go into the After Effects Interface, and you should be able to adjust the Camera Distance value to 30000 before the Invigorator objects are clipped. You may need to use the "Update Camera" button to have this updated.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

frederic lichtensteinRe: Invigorator limitation in AEF camera reach / visibility distance?
by on Feb 12, 2010 at 2:01:29 am

Thanks for the answer, haven't tried it yet but I assume it should work fine if I get this problem using the Z.I. camera.

Trouble is, for this project I'm using the AEF camera, coz I'm mixing several other AEF 3D elements.
It seems that the objects disappear at around 5,000 px away from the camera.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Invigorator limitation in AEF camera reach / visibility distance?
by on Feb 12, 2010 at 9:57:56 pm

Hi Frederic,

What you can try is to make the object smaller. Then it may be possible for you to move the object farther before the object gets clipped off.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]