ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Zaxwerks ProAnimator and Reflector 1.5.0

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick PopeZaxwerks ProAnimator and Reflector 1.5.0
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 12:23:58 am

Alright, I just got Reflector 1.5.0 and I am trying to get it to reflect a stacked 3D text I created in ProAnimator.

Two things are happening:

1.) When I apply Reflector to the "floor," it does not reflect the object created in ProAnimator. I have tried this in several comps, both using the comp camera, lights, etc. and not. Nothing.

2.) When I try and export the 3D object from ProAnimator, AE crashes. Without fail.

I'm using CS4 on a Mac.

What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Zaxwerks ProAnimator and Reflector 1.5.0
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 1:31:58 am

Hi Nick,

When working with 3D Reflector, it automatically sets up the project with the setting "Hide 2D Layers" enabled. However, since ProAnimator is applied to a 2D Layer, you will need to disable the "Hide 2D Layers" option in order for the reflections to show up.

Be sure to upgrade to the latest version of ProAnimator if you are running into exporting issues. If you are already using version 4.5.1, please specify what format you are trying to export and when After Effects crashes.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Nick PopeRe: Zaxwerks ProAnimator and Reflector 1.5.0
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:37:18 pm

Okay, so I disabled the Hide 2D Layers function, and I still cannot see relections.

Here are the errors I am getting.

In an NTSC D1 comp, I have a camera, a Floor solid, rotated 90 degrees on the X axis and solid to which I have applied ProAnimator. In ProAnimator, I made some basic 3D text, with some colors and bevels. I use ProAnimator inside AE applied to a solid. I also have it set to use the comp camera.

When I apply Reflector to the floor solid, I get nothing. I've tried to rotate the camera and update Reflector, but still nothing. When I got to File-->Scripts-->Reflector_Updater, the dialog box flashes and disappears.

So I tried to export the 3D text from ProAnimator as an object. When I get into ProAnimator and click on Object-->Export 3D Model, AE crashes. Every time.

What am I doing?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Zaxwerks ProAnimator and Reflector 1.5.0
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 6:24:41 pm

Hi Nick,

While your set-up seems correct, one important aspect is the placement. Your 3D Text and the floor layer has to be close to one another for the reflection to show up. The further away the 3D Text is to the floor layer, the further the reflection will be from the floor. I'll send you an example project so you can see what the basic setup looks like.

As for the 3D Reflector Script, you well need to download the newest script below:

http://www.zaxwerks.com/reflector/reflector_updater_cs4.zip

If you are using After Effects CS4, be sure to get the newest script, or you will get the "flash" effect that you are seeing.

As for exporting, the Export 3D Model feature is used to export the model into different 3D programs such as Maya, Lightwave, Cinema 4D, etc. It shouldn't crash to use that feature though. Please let us know your system specs, as well as provide a crash log so we can see what you are running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]