ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D flag unable to complete the operation (*4) (4) (25::60) nothing fixes it

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven J Casey3D flag unable to complete the operation (*4) (4) (25::60) nothing fixes it
by on Jan 31, 2010 at 6:46:45 pm

It started as random crashes during renders and somehow has gotten worse, to the point that now I can't even open the project that has 3D flag because of the unable to complete the operation (*4) (4) (25::60) error. I tried the fixes I was able to find either here or on the zaxwerks page, including deleting the prefs file (which worked for one time and now seems to do nothing), reinstalled the plugin, checked the driver. I still can't even open the project at this point. I need this to work for a project due in a couple of days, please help. I've spent many hours this weekend trying to fix this and beginning to wish I'd never even tried this plugin.

Steven

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: 3D flag unable to complete the operation (*4) (4) (25::60) nothing fixes it
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 5:15:14 pm

Hi Steven.

Would you be able to send me a sample project (or sample projects?) I'd be happy to take a look.
Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

In addition, let me know what sort of machine you're using (Mac type, OS X version, amount of RAM, etc.).

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: 3D flag unable to complete the operation (*4) (4) (25::60) nothing fixes it
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 1:06:29 am

Hello Everyone.

After investigating this problem, we found that there was a memory conflict between our plug-in and After Effects.

For projects that use multiple Zaxwerks effects in a long Comp (say, 30 seconds or a minute), you may find
this conflict causing the render to quit, or an effect to crash.

The workaround for this scenario is to render your Comp in segments (say, 10 seconds at a time) and stitching
the results together

This isn't ideal, of course, but it's a workaround. We're working to make our plug-ins more compatible with
After Effects' memory system.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Rick EmeryRe: 3D flag unable to complete the operation (*4) (4) (25::60) nothing fixes it
by on Apr 20, 2010 at 3:10:59 pm

I too am having this same problem. I have only been able to build a simple flag with low polygon count giving me a very triangular flag. I cannot even open the sample projects from the Zaxwerks website and do anything with those. I get the about error message and got no image in my comp window. I'm not using it on the fastest box but it's totally unusable. Neither box will render a usable flag.

Work box
HP Z400 dual 2.4ghz
4GB ram
Windows Vista Business 64bit.

Render box
HPZ800 8 Core 2.27ghz
4GB ram
Windows XP 32bit

Rick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved