ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

How to get a 3d model from Photoshop with textures applied to import into Invigorator Pro

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Matthies
How to get a 3d model from Photoshop with textures applied to import into Invigorator Pro
on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:24:38 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions about this? I have a sphere I turned into a textured/painted/opacity mapped globe in photoshop. Photoshop has a 3d export function that does support .obj but when I import it into Invigorator pro it is just the empty primitive. I tried to recreate the same globe using a sphere primitive in Invigorator Pro and things weren't working out easily. I already have the globe created nicely in Photoshop and was hoping I didn't have to make it again....I need to add some other 3d objects to the scene, that are overlapping, thus the reason for not using photoshop live 3d layers. If anybody has any hints please let me know. thanks.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: How to get a 3d model from Photoshop with textures applied to import into Invigorator Pro
on Jan 19, 2010 at 8:31:37 pm

Hi David,

When you import a model into 3D Invigorator Pro, it imports the model with the UV mapping coordinates, but not with the texture map applied. Thus, if you have the texture map, you used in Photoshop, you can apply that texture map onto your sphere in 3D Invigorator Pro, and you'll be able to get the sphere that you've created in Photoshop.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]