ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

exporting from corel to proanimator standalone

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Driesen
exporting from corel to proanimator standalone
on Jan 8, 2010 at 12:50:20 pm

Hi guys, as a proanimator newbie I spend hours and hours trying to get vector images from corel x4 into proanimator. If I'm correct the only way to do this is by exporting the corel files as AI files (version 7). However, I CAN NOT open these files in PA. In most cases, Pro Animator crashes after a message saying "unable to complete the operation (*6).

is this a Corel export issue?? I do not have Adobe Illustrator, so Corel is my only option...

Mark

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: exporting from corel to proanimator standalone
on Jan 8, 2010 at 5:44:02 pm

Hi Mark,

Since I don't have Corel x4, I can't comment too much on its export capabilities. However, I am guessing that perhaps it's not saving the file without compression, or not changing text into outlines.

With that said, since you don't have Illustrator, another alternative is to use Adobe Photoshop. You can draw any of your paths by using the pen tool (with paths selected), or create a selection of your image in Photoshop, then under the Paths menu, choose "Make Work Path". Enter a Tolerance value between "0.5" and "2.0" (the lower the value, the tighter the curve), and Photoshop will generate the vector paths.

After you finish creating the path in Photoshop, you can go into the "File" menu, and select "Export > Paths to Illustrator". This will generate an Illustrator file that works without any issues in ProAnimator.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: exporting from corel to proanimator standalone
on Jan 8, 2010 at 6:30:58 pm

Hi Mark.

Would you be able to send me one of the files you're having trouble with? I'd be happy to take a look.
Send files to matt@zaxwerks.com

Also, please let me know which version of the software you're using. You can get the current version here:
http://zaxwerks.com/download

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]