ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D Flag Looping

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Zito
3D Flag Looping
on Dec 19, 2009 at 5:35:15 am

Hi,

I'm trying to get 3D Flag to loop, and I've tried numerous times following the tips that Zax gave in previous posts about matching the wave pattern and dissolving the flag into itself and rendering the loop, but it's not looking so good. I can't get a clean loop. I was wondering if anyone has additional advice on what I could be doing wrong.

Thanks,
Jim

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: 3D Flag Looping
on Dec 21, 2009 at 9:58:26 pm

Hi Jim,

It might not be a "perfect" loop, but the key is to look through parts of the animation where the flag is the most "simple". This means that look for times where there are less wrinkles/flaps, etc. Then, go through the animation and look for a similar position/animation. Then, render out on that sequence and you may get the loop effect that you are looking for.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Dec 24, 2009 at 10:27:16 pm

Thank you Edward. I'll give it a shot.

Jim

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Jan 4, 2010 at 6:25:42 pm

Hi Jim.

The 3D Flag program is a dynamic simulation, but finding a loop is possible.

The key is to make sure that your wind speed doesn't change. If the Wind Speed parameter isn't animated, and the Flag Pole isn't animated, then the simulation will loop.
The trick here is that the loop may not technically happen on an exact frame.

Ed's suggestion of looking for two similar (and simple-to-match) frames is a good one. You may have to do a slight blend between the first and last frame since they may not be quite the same.

Let us know if you're having trouble finding a good loop point.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Jan 7, 2010 at 12:02:31 am

Thanks Matt. I got it to work pretty well. I had to render out :30 worth to find a loop point though, which took 4 hours/flag.

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]