ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

No Illustrator color in ProAnimator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent GarrettNo Illustrator color in ProAnimator
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 10:36:29 pm

Hello,
I have a Illustrator file that will not import its color into Pro Animator even after checking import AI color at the start up of a project. I changed the color profile to RGB from CMYK. I made sure there were no strokes on the file. I did read that you can't import gradients into Pro Animator. Is that true? The files I am working with have a gradient on them. I saved them as a CS4 file. They came to me as eps files. I am use version 4.5.1 of Pro Animator
Thanks,
Brent

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: No Illustrator color in ProAnimator
by on Dec 18, 2009 at 1:35:17 am

Hi Brent,

That's correct. You won't be able to have the gradient color be imported into ProAnimator using the "Use Illustrator Color" option. If you need to have the gradient colors on your object, you can create a texture map with the gradient, and then apply the gradient onto your ProAnimator object.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Brent GarrettRe: No Illustrator color in ProAnimator
by on Dec 21, 2009 at 5:12:59 pm

Edward,
Thanks for the response. I have a question about the gradient texture map. Is that something I create in Illustrator and import into ProAnimator or do I have to create it in ProAnimator alone?
Thanks,
Brent

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: No Illustrator color in ProAnimator
by on Dec 21, 2009 at 9:54:52 pm

Hi Brent,

Sure, you create the gradient texture in either Illustrator or Photoshop, then import the texture map in ProAnimator's Material Editor window.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Brent GarrettRe: No Illustrator color in ProAnimator
by on Dec 21, 2009 at 10:56:16 pm

Thanks Edward. I thought I could figure out how to export the gradient map from Illustrator and import it into ProAnimator, but I couldn't figure it out. Could you give me a quick lesson on how to do that.
Thanks,
Brent

Return to posts index

Serge HamadRe: No Illustrator color in ProAnimator
by on Dec 22, 2009 at 2:23:30 am

Hi Brent,

It's easy! All you need to do is save each Illustrator element that has a gradient separately to a jpeg file for instance, then use these files as a map.

In Illustrator:

- Select one element at a time and switch off the visibility of all others.

- Go to File>Save For Web & Devices

- Choose JPEG from the mini menu (Default is GIF) then save.

- Redo the procedure until you have all elements saved as a JPEG.

In ProAnimator:

- Select your object, click on the material swatch to load the appropriate JPEG file then drag and dop it on your selected object.

I hope this may help.

Salut.
Serge

New! InvigoMany-Media volume I & II available here:
http://www.nyc-visual.com

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]