ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Proanimator has given up on rendering movie/frame on a large scale project

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy ThibaultProanimator has given up on rendering movie/frame on a large scale project
by on Dec 16, 2009 at 7:42:38 pm

All,

I am doing a relatively large project diagramming an outdoor hockey game structural layout. This is the largest scale project I have done to date with this software, but seemingly not by much. I am starting to wonder if there is some reasonable limitation on the amount of objects/textures in a scene. When I click render frame, nothing happens after waiting patiently. When I click render movie, the software beeps twice (like it would after completing a render job) then outputs a 0kb .mov file that contains nothing.

I am fairly sure that I have just given it too much to think about. but not entirely sure. any ideas?

Thanks!

AT

Return to posts index

Andy ThibaultRe: Proanimator has given up on rendering movie/frame on a large scale project
by on Dec 16, 2009 at 8:18:04 pm

just as an update, I had some .ai files in there that may have overloaded the program a bit. they were .ai files of dead trees with a wood grain texture. I removed them and am able to render. Not sure if this was just a bug or there is a genuine limit to objects in a scene. Would love to know for certain.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Proanimator has given up on rendering movie/frame on a large scale project
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 10:02:06 pm

Hi Andy,

Sometimes, an Illustrator file can be deceptively large/complex, so it could slow down the rendering and processing speed. While there isn't a limit to the number of objects, I am not sure if the complexity is causing your machine not to be able to compute the render. Illustrator files can be very complex if the Illustrator file was generated using the "Live Trace" feature in Illustrator. When using Live Trace, Illustrator tends to add a lot of extraneous points that are not needed. So if the leaf was traced using the "Live Trace" feature, it might be a file that contains hundreds of anchor points which will cause everything to greatly slow down.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]