ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D layer warps, orbit tool not working.

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richie Tovell
3D layer warps, orbit tool not working.
on Nov 21, 2009 at 3:58:51 pm

Hi, I have a few questions if anyone has some spare time to answer? I'd appreciate the help.

Firstly, can you rotate your 3D object using AE's orbit tool? When I try to use the orbit tool to rotate the object nothing happens, when I switch the 3d layer switch on the object just flips around as though it's a 2d layer in 3d space, any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Is your object not ment to be controlled using the orbit tool?

Also, it's really slow, I'm using a machine with an i7 3.06 ghz quad core processor with 12 gig of ddr3 ram. I've just spent a grand upgrading this machine speciffically to help with running 3d warps, sadly I didn't see much improvement in speed fom my older core 2duo machine.

Third question, is it possible to fold a flat layer using a curved fold line? So one side of the fold the layer remains flat and the other side of the fold the layer is tubular? I'll try and upload an image to show the shape I'm aiming for shortly, sorry if this question is a little confusing.

Regards

Richie.

Coda - musical selections; in film, the ending or last section of a film (often wordless).

Return to posts index

Richie Tovell
Re: 3D layer warps, orbit tool not working.
on Nov 21, 2009 at 6:03:41 pm

Right, so I got te shape that I was aiming for, but I'm still confused about the Orbit tool and the overly longthy processing time if anyone can help?

Coda - musical selections; in film, the ending or last section of a film (often wordless).

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Nov 21, 2009 at 7:35:34 pm

Hi Richie,

To use the AE orbit tool you need to do the following:

- First create an AE camera.

- Make sure that the Invigorator layer is NOT set to 3D.

- In your effects control window,check the box that says "Use Comp Camera.

- Now you can use the orbit tool.

Let us know if you still have issues.

Salut,
Serge

New! InvigoMany-Media volume I & II available here:
http://www.nyc-visual.com

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Richie Tovell
on Nov 21, 2009 at 7:51:04 pm

Hey Serge.

I'm not using invigorator I'm using 3D warps, but the steps you described are exactlly the ones I used and what I would have expected to work, but they don't. . . weird, there are only these two options that I can find that would make any difference, the 3D layer obviously I tried both on/off and use comp camera again both on/off niether of them make the blind est bit of difference :(

Youd think that if invigorator worked in this way then 3D Warps would also, but I'll be darned if I can figure out how.

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Nov 21, 2009 at 8:14:22 pm

My bad!

As you say both plug-ins work the same. Are you sure that your camera layer has the same length then your 3D Layer Warp layer? This is the only plausible reason why your orbit tool wouldn't work.

Again, check the use comp camera, make your layer is 2D, your camera layer has the same length and try again. BTW. The orbit camera tool is right to the Rotation tool and looks very similar, maybe you are using the wrong tool. Sorry, but things like that may happen;-)

Salut,
Serge

New! InvigoMany-Media volume I & II available here:
http://www.nyc-visual.com

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Richie Tovell
on Nov 22, 2009 at 5:29:01 am

Ah haaa,

I have my comp camera's zoom and z position linked to a slider that plls the two in oposit directions (to create that extruded zoom/camera pull type efffect) It was the camera distance that was causing the problem, I had no idea tht could happen, thanks Serge!

One more question. .

Can you use more than three warps within the 3d warps plugin itself? idealy I'd like to be creating shapes that have closer to 24 warps on a single layer.

If that isn't possible, do you know of a workaround?

Richie.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]